• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Additional Suggestions
mike - i also think part of the frustration is u bidding on 10x more FA's than any other team. just saying.
(10-09-2011, 06:35 PM)mike Wrote: You have got to be kidding mere Rocky. It was an honest mistake. Sorry if I have a life outside of Mogul and rushed a bid that was on one of my players.Why do you think i corrected the situation so quickly. It makes sense to bow out (and in my cases it wouldnt have even mattered anyway since they were outbid as Im excluding Goose from this discussion as it is moot). Why should someone have to sacrfice there pick if some otehr bids didnt pan out like they thought they were going to. That is far from how it works in real life. After Reagan and Cruz got too high it made no sense to keep my bid for Vaio (which ended up gettnbg outbid anyway). You are saying a team should suffer simply because due to our FA bidding auction and how you have ot bid on multiple guys at once. It happens less than 1% of the time thorughout 20+ seasons here. Its far from a propblem, and is more of a specific situational thing which makes absolute sense. Ducking out on normal guys and being puissed off I can see that, but when it comes to compensated players there has to be some leeway or change the bidding system on compensated players, one of the two.
As far suggestions for rules 2 and 3 go. I like them Matty. So +1 for me on those accounts.

Bringing up the typical "Sorry if I have a life outside of Mogul" thing, I love it when people bring this up. Everybody has a life outside of mogul, please spare me with your reasoning. And you rushed and senselessly bid on a player, making people not be able to bow out of deals, will make the whole system work better, make people liable for their actions, instead of getting away scotch free. You can think it's a problem or not, I really don't care. It is a problem and has been one. All I know is if DJ can think there is a problem with the file(when there isn't) but doesn't think this is a problem, then fine, but I won't be a part of the league after the 2024 season. And if DJ wants to replace me before then, more power to him, he just needs to let me know. I just have a huge problem with people bowing out of bids. I should just bid 10 years and 50 million per year on a player and then say oooppss I don't have the money for it, my bad, silly me, I am going to bow out and if someone says something then I will be like, "Sorry if I have a life outside of Mogul" that seems to work real well...
If you were to quit over this then thats just stupid. Im not goign to keep defending my actions. My motives were pure and thats, that. Dont care if you belive me or not. This has been brought up a million times already. You have little support for your cause, as was proved the million times a thread about this has come up yet no one ever posts enough to even bring it on the radar of issues. I will agree to disagree with you on the fact that there is problems with auction style bidding that cause backing out on compensated players. If this issue were actually to go to a vote then I might have something else to add.
(10-09-2011, 07:26 PM)mike Wrote: If you were to quit over this then thats just stupid. Im not goign to keep defending my actions. My motives were pure and thats, that. Dont care if you belive me or not. This has been brought up a million times already. You have little support for your cause, as was proved the million times a thread about this has come up yet no one ever posts enough to even bring it on the radar of issues. I will agree to disagree with you on the fact that there is problems with auction style bidding that cause backing out on compensated players. If this issue were actually to go to a vote then I might have something else to add.

I wouldn't quit solely because of this. DJ feels the need to tinker with what he suggested few days ago or week ago when the file is fine right now. But, yet he doesn't feel the need to fix something that is CLEARLY broken? That is grounds to just leave. At this point only reason I will stay until 2024, is cause took me many mogul years to rebuild a complete mess of a team that the Braves were in, and some big contracts will come off the books by end of 2024, and I don't want the Braves to be in financial hell, cause that isn't fair to the league and I would never want to fuck the league.

Yes, this has been brought up many times, but the Goose thing put it over the top for me, because you clearly senselessly bid on him. Only shit that ever gets done around here is when DJ wants it to get done. I won't play in a league like that past 2024, so it's going to officially be over for me here. DJ can reply in here or not, I don't give a damn either way honestly. But, I have noticed that it is DJ's way or the highway when new rules or something goes into effect. You can't better a league and fix clear problems when it is like that. I will just "bow out" after 2024 and people don't have to listen to me anymore or if DJ can find a replacement before then is fine as well.
(10-09-2011, 12:36 PM)mattynokes Wrote: But, if there's gonna be an argument about your specific case, take it elsewhere. These are legit suggestions to discuss.

Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
(10-09-2011, 08:30 PM)rockybull Wrote:
(10-09-2011, 07:26 PM)mike Wrote: If you were to quit over this then thats just stupid. Im not goign to keep defending my actions. My motives were pure and thats, that. Dont care if you belive me or not. This has been brought up a million times already. You have little support for your cause, as was proved the million times a thread about this has come up yet no one ever posts enough to even bring it on the radar of issues. I will agree to disagree with you on the fact that there is problems with auction style bidding that cause backing out on compensated players. If this issue were actually to go to a vote then I might have something else to add.

I wouldn't quit solely because of this. DJ feels the need to tinker with what he suggested few days ago or week ago when the file is fine right now. But, yet he doesn't feel the need to fix something that is CLEARLY broken? That is grounds to just leave. At this point only reason I will stay until 2024, is cause took me many mogul years to rebuild a complete mess of a team that the Braves were in, and some big contracts will come off the books by end of 2024, and I don't want the Braves to be in financial hell, cause that isn't fair to the league and I would never want to fuck the league.

Yes, this has been brought up many times, but the Goose thing put it over the top for me, because you clearly senselessly bid on him. Only shit that ever gets done around here is when DJ wants it to get done. I won't play in a league like that past 2024, so it's going to officially be over for me here. DJ can reply in here or not, I don't give a damn either way honestly. But, I have noticed that it is DJ's way or the highway when new rules or something goes into effect. You can't better a league and fix clear problems when it is like that. I will just "bow out" after 2024 and people don't have to listen to me anymore or if DJ can find a replacement before then is fine as well.

I think you are getting a little too upset about something that really does not matter. If mike backing out of a bid does not effect your team at all, why are you so angry about it? I personally would like people to do more research when they make bids but I also understand that some people make meathead mistakes. If the other teams involved in the bidding are ok with it, then why not? This is just a game after all, not like we are playing for real dollars.

Rocky, I like you, so please don't take my message in the wrong context. I think you are a tremendous gm. I think right now you are all upset over something in the grand scheme of things is very very minor.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
(10-10-2011, 10:33 AM)GoIrish Wrote:

I think you are getting a little too upset about something that really does not matter. If mike backing out of a bid does not effect your team at all, why are you so angry about it? I personally would like people to do more research when they make bids but I also understand that some people make meathead mistakes. If the other teams involved in the bidding are ok with it, then why not? This is just a game after all, not like we are playing for real dollars.

Rocky, I like you, so please don't take my message in the wrong context. I think you are a tremendous gm. I think right now you are all upset over something in the grand scheme of things is very very minor.

Maybe I did blow it out of proportion some, and I know this is just a game, but it would be nice if people can just attempt to make smart well rounded decisions here instead of when they fuck up and make a bone headed move that you pat them on the back saying it's ok, and basically reward them for it. GM's here should be liable for things. This league makes people liable if you sign a player to a deal that you have to buyout entire contract if you want to release him. I wouldn't be bitching like I am about this if I didn't think it was an enormous problem. This has always really irritated me how this works in this league, and the Goose thing was the final straw for me. There are a ton of suggestions and there are good ones that wouldn't be a bad idea to use, but I definitely wouldn't get upset enough to be wanting to leave. But, this is a very big problem, and I for one think that most agrees about this. Either you shouldn't be able to back out or if you do you lose a pick like I said in another post in this thread.

I'm upset about more than just this. First off, DJ does what DJ wants to do. If DJ doesn't want this(never appeared that he does) then this won't be used, simple as that. If something gets done in this league it has to have DJ big time in favor for it. I think he should do what is best for the league, not what he thinks is best. Just like his suggestion a week ago about volunteering to kill off your players. He seems to be the only one that thinks there is a problem and he was ready to get people to kill guys off for no apparent reason. This league seems more of a dictatorship league than anything. And with people able to bow out of FA offers, the league holds nobody liable for anything. DJ does what he wants and GM's aren't reliable for jack crap.
(10-10-2011, 02:25 PM)rockybull Wrote:
(10-10-2011, 10:33 AM)GoIrish Wrote:

Maybe I did blow it out of proportion some, and I know this is just a game, but it would be nice if people can just attempt to make smart well rounded decisions here instead of when they fuck up and make a bone headed move that you pat them on the back saying it's ok, and basically reward them for it. GM's here should be liable for things. This league makes people liable if you sign a player to a deal that you have to buyout entire contract if you want to release him. I wouldn't be bitching like I am about this if I didn't think it was an enormous problem. This has always really irritated me how this works in this league, and the Goose thing was the final straw for me. There are a ton of suggestions and there are good ones that wouldn't be a bad idea to use, but I definitely wouldn't get upset enough to be wanting to leave. But, this is a very big problem, and I for one think that most agrees about this. Either you shouldn't be able to back out or if you do you lose a pick like I said in another post in this thread.

I'm upset about more than just this. First off, DJ does what DJ wants to do. If DJ doesn't want this(never appeared that he does) then this won't be used, simple as that. If something gets done in this league it has to have DJ big time in favor for it. I think he should do what is best for the league, not what he thinks is best. Just like his suggestion a week ago about volunteering to kill off your players. He seems to be the only one that thinks there is a problem and he was ready to get people to kill guys off for no apparent reason. This league seems more of a dictatorship league than anything. And with people able to bow out of FA offers, the league holds nobody liable for anything. DJ does what he wants and GM's aren't reliable for jack crap.

Rocky, I don't think what you are saying is accurate or fair. In your second paragraph you state "DJ does what DJ wants to do." I think that statement is highly inaccurate. There have been many times in this league that DJ has been in favor in going one direction and the league has not agreed and it has not been done. I think you can look at expansion, you can look at the trade from last season the night of the draft that he veto'd that the trade mods approved, and various other rule changes over the course of the past year and half that have come up. I am more privy to the behind the scene stuff and from my point of view, I don't see him acting as a dictator in any fashion. He often asks what I think on a topic and I have seen him reach out to others for the same type of feedback.

In regards to your 1st paragraph, I can not disagree with your thoughts. However, I don't think it is as big of a deal as you are making this out to be. over the course of the past 14 seasons, I have seen something like this happen at least once an offseason, where someone wants to retract a bid. My person view is that I don' t mind it if the other team involved in the bidding process is ok with it and it goes back to the prior bid amount. However, if push came to shove, I would be fine with making people live up to their bids but if we are to enforce that rule, it would have to be something that happens from this point on because we have been lax in the past in this issue.

I personally think you and dj are bumping heads over in that other post and you both are rubbing each other in the wrong way and that is spilling out over here. I would hope that you and DJ can find a common ground and put this to rest, you both are good guys that have the best intent and are smart guys. This is a good league and I like to maintain you as a part of this league, especially with the tremendous job you have done in the rebuild of that Atlanta franchise. Please, try and put this behind you and to rest.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »