• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Additional Suggestions
1. FA bids are binding. The only way to back out of a bid is if you're the ONLY team bidding on the player.

- Pretty self-explanatory.

2. Once the trade deadline has passed Waivers has League Priority.

- This means, for example, the best team in the AL would win a waiver before ANY NL team would have priority if the waived player is from the AL.

3. Any trades or FA signings that come in Sept or Oct (after Sim 10) are ineligible for post-season play.

- This is how it is in real life and wouldn't be too hard to track since not many moves are made this late in the season anyway.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
I see in the chat you were talking about me. Its always been the rule that as long as you notify the other gm its fine. This was pretty well covered when we had this come up last offseason. I dont see the issue here. I followed standard practice. If you dont want anyone ever backing out then the whole FA system needs to be overhauled. In real life a team could back out if they dont land such and such a FA as then it would make the other signing useless. In regards to Goose I'm pretty sure I backed out literally minutes after I made the bid so really no harm or foul.
Furthermore if you never want backing out then take the ebay style auction out of FA for the compensated players. There was no reaosn for me to hold the top bid on Vaio when I no longer could compete with the money offered on Reagan and Cruz. It should be that every team interested sends in an offer. The top 3 then get a reply back and a chance to send in another offer to outbid the top 3 offers. Then he replies back again saying who had the best bid and then goes to that team. That is the only proper way to avoid that situation.
backing out is bad, mkay. and it happens way too much just think before you bid and you should be alright

and mike, your argument makes no sence. you shouldnt be bidding everywhere on all kinds of players with no logic. if you cant afford to have them all dont be bidding on them. id you have the finances to back it up, sure go FA crazy. if you cant compete with the money there is no reason you should be bidding
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
I did have the money have4 them all. then they went to ridiculous amounts.
Those f'n trade mods causing all the problems AGAIN!!!! Or at least, I'm seeing arguing so that MUST be the cause right?
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
i agree with all of matty's points, if my vote matters at all haha.
(10-09-2011, 03:26 AM)mike Wrote: I see in the chat you were talking about me. Its always been the rule that as long as you notify the other gm its fine. This was pretty well covered when we had this come up last offseason. I dont see the issue here. I followed standard practice. If you dont want anyone ever backing out then the whole FA system needs to be overhauled. In real life a team could back out if they dont land such and such a FA as then it would make the other signing useless. In regards to Goose I'm pretty sure I backed out literally minutes after I made the bid so really no harm or foul.
Furthermore if you never want backing out then take the ebay style auction out of FA for the compensated players. There was no reaosn for me to hold the top bid on Vaio when I no longer could compete with the money offered on Reagan and Cruz. It should be that every team interested sends in an offer. The top 3 then get a reply back and a chance to send in another offer to outbid the top 3 offers. Then he replies back again saying who had the best bid and then goes to that team. That is the only proper way to avoid that situation.

I was talking about you? No. Someone else was and I asked what's going on. This suggestion isn't because of what you did. It may have been the situation to finally prompt an official suggestion, but I've long thought you shouldn't be able to back out of bids.

But, if there's gonna be an argument about your specific case, take it elsewhere. These are legit suggestions to discuss.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Well this is the second offseason in a row where someone is cheating the bidding process - I'd rather start punishing the offenders than make more rules.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
From Mike on RP Edmund Goose, "KCR bids 7 years x 10mil = 70mil total"

then went back and edited to "Pending hoke still wanting him (I assume he would since he hasnt made any other bids recently) I would like to withdraw my bid. Forgot he was injured. So I plan to bowout on him."

Ohhh, that was the last straw for me. Mike just senselessly bid on a player, and didn't know he was hurt. That is the very definition of senselessly bidding. I don't care if you go 7 years, but damnit it better be a binding offer where it sticks!!! I have seen it in past years, so not trying to pick on just Mike, but that was the turning point to get action.

There should be a rule against stupid shit like this OR if you bid on a Type A and bow out, then you lose your 1st rounder, if it is a Type B and you bow out, then you lose your 2nd rounder. You do it with a Type C(that Goose is) then you lose your 3rd rounder, and if you do it more then you lose your 4th, 5th and 6th. There needs to be something done about this. I see myself bitching more lately than having fun. Some of the stuff is just dumb(like bowing out of a FA bid). DJ seems to see a need in doing what he wants to do with the suggestion he had last few days ago, but yet may not see an issue with this. If not, then go ahead and just have a replacement for me by 2024(getting way too busy later this month and beyond, and some contracts come off board after end of 2024, so don't want to have Braves be in financial hell because of me). This isn't a threat, but I'm just not having as much fun, especially if you guys just wanna keep FA like it is where any person can just bow out. Why not up everyone and go 10 years 50 million per year, then be like ahhh well nvm I am bowing out, oh well. Just so fucking stupid.
You have got to be kidding mere Rocky. It was an honest mistake. Sorry if I have a life outside of Mogul and rushed a bid that was on one of my players.Why do you think i corrected the situation so quickly. It makes sense to bow out (and in my cases it wouldnt have even mattered anyway since they were outbid as Im excluding Goose from this discussion as it is moot). Why should someone have to sacrfice there pick if some otehr bids didnt pan out like they thought they were going to. That is far from how it works in real life. After Reagan and Cruz got too high it made no sense to keep my bid for Vaio (which ended up gettnbg outbid anyway). You are saying a team should suffer simply because due to our FA bidding auction and how you have ot bid on multiple guys at once. It happens less than 1% of the time thorughout 20+ seasons here. Its far from a propblem, and is more of a specific situational thing which makes absolute sense. Ducking out on normal guys and being puissed off I can see that, but when it comes to compensated players there has to be some leeway or change the bidding system on compensated players, one of the two.
As far suggestions for rules 2 and 3 go. I like them Matty. So +1 for me on those accounts.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »