• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talent Issues 2022
Drop the minor league talent setting from Excellent to Very Good one year and then Average the next. Also lower the draft talent, it's well above what you get on a default file. I think that's the main culprit for "random" drops and the talent getting out of hand. We have settings that procure talent inflation at both the draft and prospect development which leaves Mogul scrambling to drop other talent to try to keep the talent distribution in check.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
the thing is, if you leave it as suggested the problem just keeps compounding. Leagues are not that fun when you need a lineup full of 90's to win.
(10-04-2011, 02:04 AM)mike Wrote: the thing is, if you leave it as suggested the problem just keeps compounding. Leagues are not that fun when you need a lineup full of 90's to win.

You won't get lineups full of 90's if you drop farm talent from 93 to 85, just won't happen, CAN"T happen actually. The problem with this is, DJ panics right now and wants to make sure problems don't occur, but the problem is DJ himself at the moment. I fully believe he will keep on doing this every 2 mogul years or so, when it isn't needed, cause he wants it "perfect" or close to perfect. Sorry, but that shit isn't gonna happen.
I'm not sure where the idea that I'm panicking is coming from and I don't accept the idea that striving for a "perfect" file (where did the quotes come from, certainly not my words for the record) is a bad one. So hate all you want but I think it's a compliment to strive for realism in the context of a simulation league.

If you're hung up on dropping farm system see the capital letters, that's a separate issue. If we adjust that all we'll accomplish is retarding prospect development and prolonging veterans careers. Considering the goal of dropping talent is to ultimately prevent dynasties and make rebuilding easier I don't see how fortifying established talent and hurting prospects is anything close to productive.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(10-03-2011, 10:43 PM)AndyP Wrote: Well i guess I have trouble looking at it in such a shallow fashion - what percentage of that 20.2 is 80s and what is 90s?

With the stats distribution I think the problem is, and it is for all talent related issues, the mogul issue. Personally I don't see it as a problem at this point. I worry that the more we tweak for perfection/realism the less fun the file is going to be to play.

x2

i think the formula we have right now is quite good and fun, i'd hate to try to fine tune it and see everything fall apart ya know.

i think we have adjusted in our brains already that maybe a 79-81 is now an average player vs a 75. This doesnt seem urgent to me now. maybe come back to it in like 2 seasons maybe and see how we look
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
It's right in the numbers that we still have an ongoing problem. I think the steps we have made so far have helped but we still need some more nudging. If you don't belive DJ, take a look at the home run leaders. Only 2 people hit 40 homers. It's not like pitching has gotten stronger since we first started this league. If anything it has gotten worse, proven by the fact that a top quality pitcher gets a huge haul and the tier before that still gets a good sum of players. Back in 2010 an ace like Felix went for 3 specs. Try and do that now and you would get laughed at. Which proves imo at least that overall pitching has gotten worse so we need to overpay in order to land quality pitching. So if overall pitching is getting worse why are we not seeing more realistic home run totals for the all star players? More like 55+ homers. The answwer is easy. Too many high end players. Now that howvere many home runs has to stretch even further between the top tier guys making their totals all lower than they should be. Then your average players gets killed aswell because what used to be an average season for him at say 15 homers is now going down to 8 or less. Same with batting average and OPS.
Mike only 2 players in our 2022 season hit 40 home runs?

well look at MLB from this past season
1. J. Bautista TOR 43
2. C. Granderson NYY 41

Those are your home run leaders in both leagues and the only players that hit 40 home runs. I also want to say Lars Anderson a few seasons ago hit 50 bombs. So I am not so sure that the file we have is not that far off of what we are seeing in MLB.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
Yes, but keep in mind that were not in 2011 anymore where there was a lot better pitching in the league.
Here is the raw numbers for homers over our league. As far as 40 home runs guys go and over.

season 1 - 4
Season 2 - 5 hit 40, 1 50 and one 60
Season 3 - 3
Season 4 - 1
Season 5 - 3
Seaspn 6 - 2
Season 7 - 1
Season 8 - 3
Season 9 - 4
Season 10 - 5
Season 11 - 4
Season 12 - 1
Season 13 - 3

Alot of guys are also coming pretty close to 40 homers. Theres oto many 40 homer run (or close to it) guys and not enough superstars breaking away, and its because the game has to spread the love around too much. Also the pitching in the league was way better back in the early days of FCM. The hitting has stayed about the same. It should mean more home runs for power batters when in fact its not. Something is defently wrong with that picture.
Honestly, I think the pitching in this league is spot on actually. Their aren't enough Ace type SP which is awesome I think. And when you can trade for one, you DO IT!!! I don't see how guys hitting homers in the 30's is a bad thing. In real life not every team has an Ace, just doesn't happen.

DJ, how is moving farm system from 93 to 85 going to hurt anything? Mogul 2011 already wants to kill off vets in their early 30's and some young guys for no apparent reason. I don't see how moving a farm from 93 to 85 is going to "retard prospect development and prolonging veterans careers", I think that is a load of bullshit. No way it prolongs vets careers, I have never heard that. Mogul 2011 engine already wants to fuck with vets anyway as is, they will do same thing if farm system was 50 for everyone, or 93 like it is now, that part is irrelevant. I guarantee you, you CAN win and produce prospects with a 85 farm, don't give me that shit that you won't. The only difference is, you won't be able to develop them all or most like you could with 93. The freaking file right now IS FINE!!!!!!
I wasn't saying that pitching wasn't fine as I think it is. What I'm saying is that it was a lot better back in the early days, so hitting should be better now than it was back then. As far as I specs go there are still lots of busts. Beside the point, if you think the file is fine then don't volunteer any players. It's not like he's forcing anyone to.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »