• 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Equalized Medical
Based on what you said, there wont be much FA to go crazy over lol

Not every team is already at or above 30M in farm expense.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
(07-21-2010, 08:10 PM)mike Wrote: All this talk about realism is funny considering this game is nothing but un-realistic. I think I've stated before and I don't wanna sound rude but I don't care if I hurt feelings. If you want a realistic game play OOTP. BBM creates too much cash. Considering that teams saving 30mil extra and with farm being dropped down to 30mil another 10mil on top of that. So every team basically now will get another 40mil to spend on anything they want. Small markets will get to keep their younger guys after arbitration but most teams will beable to afford these guys plus go crazy on FA. Say your arb guys take up 15 or 20mil of those resources thats another 20mil left in your pot. And i'd say about 20 teams will have that suprplus so 20x20=400. So an extra 400million of cash just sitting around waiting to be used. To say that it won't drive up the cost of players much is just ignorant or oblivious thinking. An extra 20mil for a team means they can either drive up the slalaries to land that star player or sign a bunch of depth guys to 3mil contract when they only deserve 1 or 2mil. Making the depth guys the poor teams get even worse than they ones they already do get.

We should totally implement 10M winterball spots and IFA to help offset that.

Oh wait.....
(07-21-2010, 09:17 PM)AndyP Wrote:
(07-21-2010, 08:10 PM)mike Wrote: All this talk about realism is funny considering this game is nothing but un-realistic. I think I've stated before and I don't wanna sound rude but I don't care if I hurt feelings. If you want a realistic game play OOTP. BBM creates too much cash. Considering that teams saving 30mil extra and with farm being dropped down to 30mil another 10mil on top of that. So every team basically now will get another 40mil to spend on anything they want. Small markets will get to keep their younger guys after arbitration but most teams will beable to afford these guys plus go crazy on FA. Say your arb guys take up 15 or 20mil of those resources thats another 20mil left in your pot. And i'd say about 20 teams will have that suprplus so 20x20=400. So an extra 400million of cash just sitting around waiting to be used. To say that it won't drive up the cost of players much is just ignorant or oblivious thinking. An extra 20mil for a team means they can either drive up the slalaries to land that star player or sign a bunch of depth guys to 3mil contract when they only deserve 1 or 2mil. Making the depth guys the poor teams get even worse than they ones they already do get.

We should totally implement 10M winterball spots and IFA to help offset that.

Oh wait.....

Andy, can you have a discussion with someone when they differ from your opinion and not come off as a condescending prick?

However, I do have to agree with Andy in equalized medical.
It's cute when make comments like that. Ass-kissing admins has perks huh?
(07-21-2010, 09:48 PM)AndyP Wrote: It's cute when make comments like that. Ass-kissing admins has perks huh?

You seriously need to grow up.
the rangers don't have a lot of cash and I know for a fact that most teams won't use their full 30 mill on their farm or whatever their full allotted cash is on medical either, I think when you say this game isn't realistic so why try making it so is not a very strong argument. It's all about trying to make this league fun and fair within the rules that mogul allows us to make it that way and part of the fun is realism. It is okay to have an opinion on how realistic mogul is but having that as a main argument just isn't swaying me, like if you equalize medical and keep farm with a cap of 40 maybe that would help with the entire everyone will have boatloads of cash arguments, mogul doesn't create very much cash for me at all, and I know a few teams with cash issues. GM's that have cash should be spending it on winterball and international free agents. I don't have very much cash at all so I have not been a participant in winterball or IFA yet which is part of the realism of the game again. I believe that leagues can be realistic and what is so wrong about trying your best to make a game more realistic when it comes to statistics, records, and outcomes. Equalizing medical just helps this happen.
Terry's right on. The other issue is that spending on medical has major impact on team injuries - so when teams have a major financial advantage - it's like one more, built-in level of unfairness that only exists in mogul. Small markets already have it tough to compete on their budgets, having a disproportionate number of injuries doesn't help.

On top of that, no one has suggested anything about what amount of money the medical is equalized at - just that it is equalized. I'm not sure how anyone can say that there will be X amount of money when we haven't even talked about where the amount will be set.
it would be nice if a decision was made on this because we discussed this before this season was started and I know a bunch of us were under the impression that this would be implemented for this season. I could have been mistaken but I do remember being under the impression this was a done deal, now we are rehashing this all over again
Me and DJ both agree that it is best to see how this season plays out with the new Farm cap and what not.
It is fair to say that there will be x amount. Use that number however you want it's at least an estimation. I mean it's not like were going to equalize it at 40mil or 30 mil or even 20mil as some teams can't afford or don't want to spend that much. It would likley be equalized close or at what scouting already is. So my estimations could even be low. Teams are not going to be foolish and spend a crazy amount on WB unless they don't feel like they need another 10mil player on their team. As it was seen this year the juice isn't worth the squeeze on WB unless you really have nothing else to spend it on. The only beneift I could see is having more teams participate in IFA since more teams could afford to scout. However, that doesn't outweight the fact that we will have another 500mil in the league. Webb went for 13mil this offseason and he's barley a midlevel pitcher who is on the decline. His only saving grace is his health so he may get to 35 before he sucks. Just think with another 20 or so mil in your pocket. His contract would be upwards for 15mil plus just because we have the money to spend. I know you think that small markets will be more competitve since they will have less injuries and more money to play with. But with that also comes big markets having even more money to play with.

Not sure if any of the setiment of ass kissing admins was towards me but I will set the record straight anyway. Scotty, DJ and myself have all strongly dissagreed on things before. I can't remember what issue exactly but I know I locked horns with one of them. I'm not one to just sit here and let things happen without speaking up. And good for them for making the decsion to see how lowering the farm cap down 10mil effects the league. If they would have chosen to equalize it and it equalize this or whatever else they wanted to do I would have supported them but I also would have brought to light my issues with it. If it gets equalized you reap what you sew so anyone who strongly wants this implemented don't come out and say later that you didn't see inflation of contracts coming. It will happen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »