• 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Equalized Medical
What happened to that idea? I thought it was going to be implemented....
what about just decreasing the percentage of injuries?

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
I can't fully remember the context of the discussion, I just thought the solution to one suggestion that everyone agreed on was equalizing medical costs.

I think it had to do with poor health ratings of draftees.
yeah we discussed it in the other forum and the consensus was pretty clear that we would equalize it
That is a very bad idea. We already lowered farm if we can go ahead and equalize medical then thats even more money floating around in the league. Think of the ripple effects here. Players salaries will skyrocket which will hurt and small market. By equalizing medical you basically give every team aside form small markets and extra 20mil to use in FA.
Skyrocket? What?

Listen, in reality all teams have the same access to medical services as one another. No one spends an extra 20M so they have their own Dr. Andrews or something - it just doesn't happen. Medical, like farm, is very unrealistic - they essentially boil down to Mogul's attempt to make the intangible into the tangible. You don't just pour more money into your medical and magically have less injuries in real life, just like pouring more money into "farm" doesn't make Joe Blow have a better chance of becoming a Hall of Famer. By allowing medical to be controlled by teams it gives a ridiculous, silly advantage to teams with money.

The extra money will go into player resigning, winterball, and IFA. The same players who's prices skyrocket will skyrocket regardless of these changes.
yeah I agree with Andy on this one, there isn't a team out there that has doctors that not every other team has access to. Dr Andrews is accessible to everyone and I think that equalizing it would actually make this league even more realistic which is the point
I don't see why you guys can't both be right. While teams have access to the same quality medical care in real life, equalized medical expenses will surely lead to higher salaries due to the cash most teams are saving here.
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
High salaries will happen regardless of how much teams are spending on medical. We could let teams spend 6 billion on medical and IFA players will still get obscene amounts of money. Equalizing medical is not going to mess that much with salaries.
All this talk about realism is funny considering this game is nothing but un-realistic. I think I've stated before and I don't wanna sound rude but I don't care if I hurt feelings. If you want a realistic game play OOTP. BBM creates too much cash. Considering that teams saving 30mil extra and with farm being dropped down to 30mil another 10mil on top of that. So every team basically now will get another 40mil to spend on anything they want. Small markets will get to keep their younger guys after arbitration but most teams will beable to afford these guys plus go crazy on FA. Say your arb guys take up 15 or 20mil of those resources thats another 20mil left in your pot. And i'd say about 20 teams will have that suprplus so 20x20=400. So an extra 400million of cash just sitting around waiting to be used. To say that it won't drive up the cost of players much is just ignorant or oblivious thinking. An extra 20mil for a team means they can either drive up the slalaries to land that star player or sign a bunch of depth guys to 3mil contract when they only deserve 1 or 2mil. Making the depth guys the poor teams get even worse than they ones they already do get.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »