• 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Equalized Medical
(07-21-2010, 09:48 PM)AndyP Wrote: It's cute when make comments like that. Ass-kissing admins has perks huh?

Classy responses like this are what prompted GoIrish's initial comment. No need to take a difference in opinion on a game so personal, man.
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
The comment was not directed at you, I quoted the person that was directed at :). I'm sure he's well on his way to crying about it already, no worries!

I think you're way overblowing things. There may be more money floating around the league, that's true, and if the admins want to watch that very thing for a year - fine. I, like terry, thought this was already decided, but that's fine.

One thing I want to point out to you, and you probably know this if you have any past experience in mogul leagues - it wouldn't matter one bit how we set medical, farm, or even penalized GMs 10M for being stupid - Brandon Webb type dudes are ALWAYS getting overpaid in FA. It just happens, using examples like that speaks to my point - the guys that will be overpaid, will be overpaid regardless of this change. I don't think the change here will be significant enough to effect low level FA.
what is wrong with brandon webb's contract, I believe that contracts are made all of the time for players of webb's caliber. He will be 36 or 37 when his contract is up, this seems like a pretty fair deal for a player like him. I bet that is what his agent would ask of him per year if he had been negotiated with, that is just a thought. It is fine if you want to wait until the offseason to make a change like, to me that makes sense, but lets hope there decision either way in the offseason, if there isn't I can see a discussion like this happening again, so lets just not forget this topic I guess I am saying
(07-22-2010, 01:04 AM)AndyP Wrote: The comment was not directed at you, I quoted the person that was directed at :). I'm sure he's well on his way to crying about it already, no worries!

I think you're way overblowing things. There may be more money floating around the league, that's true, and if the admins want to watch that very thing for a year - fine. I, like terry, thought this was already decided, but that's fine.

One thing I want to point out to you, and you probably know this if you have any past experience in mogul leagues - it wouldn't matter one bit how we set medical, farm, or even penalized GMs 10M for being stupid - Brandon Webb type dudes are ALWAYS getting overpaid in FA. It just happens, using examples like that speaks to my point - the guys that will be overpaid, will be overpaid regardless of this change. I don't think the change here will be significant enough to effect low level FA.

What is next? Are you going to stomp your feet and pout in the corner because you are not getting your way? Your tantrums, name calling and general poor attitude are becoming very tiresome. You don't agree with something that someone did, so now they are stupid? You don't agree with trades that my nephew made and you unleash a tirade of insults that results in him leaving the league. This is becoming a consistent pattern with you. You cannot handle a difference of opinion without trying to belittle others in some manor.

You are nothing more than an immature cry baby. What is next, are you going to send another owner private messages behind my back insulting me and bad mouthing me, while trying to rebel rouse? I think it is a little too late on that one. Yet, you will insult me in a public fashion because you view that I will "cry" and "but Kiss" to the admins. Honestly, my kids are 4 and 16 months and they are more mature than you. I had one conversation with the admins about you and that is when you were an immature prick throwing insults at me and my nephew. Where you clearly were in the wrong, seeing as how Detroit played in our World Series last season. However, your Mr Know-it-all online persona cannot admit to that because admitting to that would admit that you were wrong about something.

Your act is now tiresome, either move on or shut up. I don't understand what is so difficult about showing respect towards the other people that are in this league. I know I am not the only person that feels this way by the amount of messages I have received about you being an ass or people hoping you would just shut up for once.
A) I'm closing this thread as most avenues of discussion and debate seem to be exhausted and in lieu of genuinely attempting to find the ideal resolution for everyone people are resorting to mud slinging and side taking. We can all agree that serves no purpose, especially the leagues' purposes.
B) It was not decided as far as Scotty and I were concerned, we should've done a better job explaining that.
C) The hesitation to implement another rule change is we haven't even let the new cap on farm play itself out. The real problem here might actually be my fault since I edited every city with a team to either reflect their real life stats (growth, pop, per capita income, etc.) or put them at 0 if they were trending negative (DET population comes to mind).

I've noticed that despite pumping 50M into my farm/scouting I still have 80M left in my payroll budget, for example. We've just lowered the cap on the farm spending so that figure's actually low, atm. On current pace and without any major money acquisitions I'll still pocket 20-30M in cash despite having two 10+M contracts on my BENCH.

My point isn't one side or the other is right here, it's that there's a lot of variables and if we change them all at once we can't gauge the true effect of any specific change. Personally, I'd like to see where the first change gets us and where losing vs winning teams budgets stand after the season before implementing any other changes that could potentially adjust the cash flow by 10M or more per team (300M in the league).

I also think it's important to point out that one purpose a varying farm/scouting/medical is to keep the generally inflating economy in harmony. Many times when teams have budget space the first thing they do is up their spending there before stockpiling the cash. It seems to me that stockpiling cash is the major concern here and it could be argued that if we lock it in at a lower rate we almost force people to stock pile cash.

Final point, is there's a lot to take into account and it's not forgotten. Let's let the current changes play themselves out and regroup in the offseason, when it's a more appropriate time to make changes that affect the league as a whole.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Closing

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »