• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling Talent
James Nevels (84)
Dashon Cooper - from 90 to 89 or 88 (he is under contract for another 2 seasons)
Joe Arnold - from 90 to 89 (under team control for 4 more seasons)
Effrain Gutierez from 91 to 89 (under team control for 2 more seasons)
Lino Sachiko (82/86) depending on how much of his contract I have to eat when released
Jay Jackson 84
prospects I will kill
Eric Tinney 63/84
Wayne McClean 79/86
Matthew Gray 77/80

I will also agree to the stipulation on my 90's that I will negotate contracts through the agent system on these 3 players, so no one can confuse my help with the talent distribution with a means of navigating around the systems we have in place.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
During my lunch break I'll compile and review the submissions as well as post what decisions we make on contracts/compensation/etc.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I have two guys going to FA that I don't see having much interest or value that could get bumped to the high 70s: Jonathan Uckerman and Ryan Haven. I intend on going after the other 80+ guys that I'm letting go to free agency. Here's my thoughts on the high profile players listed so far:

OF Lambo: I'd say there was no interest because of having to give up a 1st round and no interest in the trade market due to the contract. Had the contract been not as steep or if he wasn't offered compensation I think things would have been a lot different. In the end, I think a player of his caliber should stay put.

1B Turberville: If it's to 89 then I'd be fine with it, but he still young and it doesn't make sense to just kill him off.

OF Brown: I could see him dropped and I could see HOU getting a bit of a salary break, but I think it should be something around a 75% buyout as HOU still owes him $16.5M and that's a lot of payroll to get out of scott free or for just 50%.

3B Koharu: It'd help to see a 90s cut down and I think anyone willing to do so, should get a slight benefit for helping the league talent issues.

OF Saunders: Last year of contract and hurt so probably going to see a drop anyways.

And that's pretty much the pattern...

I think anyone willing to cut down talent should receive a little benefit if the player is still under contract. I think people willing to release the player should get a little higher benefit than those wanting to keep the player.

1. Rating Drop + Release = 30% Contract Reduction (70% Buyout)
2. Rating Drop + Keep = 20% Contract Reduction
3. Or if the player is owed $10M+, the team could forfeit the contract reductions and receive a free WB slot

Whether it's interned or not I definitely don't feel anyone should get a free release. The player was signed and most of their remaining contract should be honored.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
(07-07-2011, 04:25 PM)mattynokes Wrote: I have two guys going to FA that I don't see having much interest or value that could get bumped to the high 70s: Jonathan Uckerman and Ryan Haven. I intend on going after the other 80+ guys that I'm letting go to free agency. Here's my thoughts on the high profile players listed so far:

OF Lambo: I'd say there was no interest because of having to give up a 1st round and no interest in the trade market due to the contract. Had the contract been not as steep or if he wasn't offered compensation I think things would have been a lot different. In the end, I think a player of his caliber should stay put.

1B Turberville: If it's to 89 then I'd be fine with it, but he still young and it doesn't make sense to just kill him off.

OF Brown: I could see him dropped and I could see HOU getting a bit of a salary break, but I think it should be something around a 75% buyout as HOU still owes him $16.5M and that's a lot of payroll to get out of scott free or for just 50%.

3B Koharu: It'd help to see a 90s cut down and I think anyone willing to do so, should get a slight benefit for helping the league talent issues.

OF Saunders: Last year of contract and hurt so probably going to see a drop anyways.

And that's pretty much the pattern...

I think anyone willing to cut down talent should receive a little benefit if the player is still under contract. I think people willing to release the player should get a little higher benefit than those wanting to keep the player.

1. Rating Drop + Release = 30% Contract Reduction (70% Buyout)
2. Rating Drop + Keep = 20% Contract Reduction
3. Or if the player is owed $10M+, the team could forfeit the contract reductions and receive a free WB slot

Whether it's interned or not I definitely don't feel anyone should get a free release. The player was signed and most of their remaining contract should be honored.

Well gonna tell you like it is, I'm not gonna purposely kill off a guy to the 70's if I gotta pay a buyout, so you can get that idea straight out of here. I won't pay a penny cash for any buyouts since I am volunteering guys to get hurt to the 70's. I am volunteering two guys that can help my team next year, because I am willing to help this league, hell I even traded for that SP that I think would make a great 5th SP for me with my extremely young rotation, and I traded a nice spec to acquire the guy in mid season. I am doing this to help out as much as possible, but I won't keep a guy that I am willing to kill off and I won't pay a buyout either.
nm as i unloaded bum(finally)

I could also stand to lose SP Perez 81. No longer has a starters spot on my team.
Rocky, this is exactly why I wanted everything to be random. That way its all fair and square if one of your guys gets dropped a little bit. Everyone had an equal chance at the drop so no compensation would be worrented.
(07-07-2011, 06:50 PM)mike Wrote: Rocky, this is exactly why I wanted everything to be random. That way its all fair and square if one of your guys gets dropped a little bit. Everyone had an equal chance at the drop so no compensation would be worrented.

My problem with it all random, is that more good players have shots to get hurt in process. This way with volunteering, it still kills off some, and FA players will get hurt too, so the damage will be a lot less minimal, but with only a few teams volunteering, not sure how much its gonna help.
I hate to do this, but I have to drop my Koharu recommendation. He was dealt to Baltimore today so he is no longer the property of the Blue Jays.
Blackmon and Torres
What I plan on Dropping Before the FA File (Will be released unless otherwise noted):
Mark Record (TOR) to 70s
Andrew Lambo (HOU) to 70s (Will keep on my team for 1yr/15M so I cannot use payroll to help immediately but don't pay full price for a dropped player)
Steve Turberville (HOU) to 70s
Domonic Brown (HOU) to70s (will release at 0 cost since I feel I'm stepping it up w/ Lambo, post below if you disagree)
Cam Sullivan (HOU) to 70s
Jason Wolverton (HOU) to 70s (50% buyout for HOU)
Albert Fuents (HOU) to 70s (Will not release)
Aaron Spencer (DET) to 70s
Noel Arguellas (DET) to 70s
Edgar Hernanez (DET) to 70s (Will not release since he'll still have 70s upside)
Michael Saunders (NYY) to 80s (Will not release)
Brett Gardner (NYY) to 70s (Will not release)
Dann Schafer (NYY) to 70s (Will not release)
Temko Honzo (ATL) to 70s (No buyout cost, not trying to get advantage)
Gabe Anwyl (ATL) to 70s (Same deal as Honzo)
Tobey Allen (ARZ) to 70s
Tim Melville (ARZ) to 70s (4M discount for releases)
Kurt Barringer (OAK) to 70s
Kenard Jackson (OAK) to 70s
TJ Steele (OAK) to 70s

To Be Continued after work....
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »