• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling Talent
Please see the League Suggestions threads for more details, I want to keep this thread limited to listing players that will be dropped off. So if you wish to volunteer a player (or already have) please post/repost them here.

Here's the Basics:
-FCM is asking teams to post players they're willing to have dropped down from 80 or 90 overall.
-FCM will also randomly select FAs to drop (posted here BEFORE FA) depending on the quality of FA.
-After FA any remaining 80s or 90s overall players will be dropped below 80 overall
-Every drop will be reflected by an equal drop in the Talent Cap. For example if 30 (1 per team) 80s players are dropped to below 70 we'd lower the 80s overall players to 16.2 (per team) from 17.2
-We'll continue steps 1-3 once per season during the offseason until 90s + 80s overalls is in the 15-18 range. Currently we have 21.1 80s/90s players per team.

Players that can be volunteered:
Rule 1:
Any player "volunteered" to be cut must not ultimately benefit the team. For example lowering a 90s player to an 80s to have more control over their contract status, trying to volunteer a "bad" contract (like Chisenhall or Vicmar) or an obviously declining/aging player (usually covered under bad contracts). Obviously we cannot anticipate every circumstance that may violate this rule, so any grey areas discovered will be up to the admins to make the final decision.

Rule 2:
All dropped players will become free agents at no cost to the franchise unless it's negotiated by the GM or violates Rule 1. GMs are free to volunteer players and negotiate with the admins the terms of the financial relief in exchange for the player.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Toronto:
Mark Record to a 79
Brett Wallace to FA so kill down to 79
Akimoro Kahatu 90 down to upper 80s

Only releasing Wallace who is a FA - I will keep the other two as I see them as semi-useful.
OF Andrew Lambo (93) - There was 0 interest in FA and we have too many OFers. I still owe him 30M so I'd need opinions on what's fair about handling that if approved since my intent could be questionable here
1B Steve Turberville (90) - Passed on my DC, was going to try and flip him in the offseason but I feel more strongly about talent issues than my team at this point honestly
OF Domonic Brown (90) - Just release him for free or I could pay 50% if people feel I'm trying to get out of his contract
2B Cam Sullivan (84) - Going to likely nontender him anyways, not making anything yet
RF Jason Wolverton (83) - I'll pay the 2M owed
SP Albert Fuents (81) - Got hurt and now pretty awful. Might as well put him out of our misery.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Aaron Spencer OF 81
Dee Gordon SS 81-pending FA
Jacob Turner SP 82-pending FA
Noel Arguellas SP 82
Edgar Hernandez SP 80/82
SP Venditte - 85 to 79 (contract expiring)
OF Saunders 90 to 89 (dont release)
OF Gardner 82 to 79 (dont release)
1B Schafer 82 to 79 (dont release)
3B Marte - 83 to 79 (contract expiring)

Mogul killed Arnett already this season from me, 90 to 79. So I hope you are all happy :cool:

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
I would volunteer this:

Temko Honzo - 1B 87 overall(this is last guaranteed year he has, he has 1 PO worth $12 million)

Gabe Anwyl - SP 84 overall

Release both for free.
Tobey allen(81)-bench player
Clay bucholtz(82)-pending fa
tim melville (82)-4 mil this yr. I offer to kill the two above players as compensation for removing 4 mil off my cap.
I also offer this opition if we truly need to kill a 90's player. Here's a bit of a trade
Dexter Fowler (91-89) Dont release:
In exchange I get a free wb slot to help a developing player. Id prefer not to do this but if need be this would be a proposal
Tobey allen(81)-bench player
Clay bucholtz(82)-pending fa
tim melville (82)-4 mil this yr. I offer to kill the two above players as compensation for removing 4 mil off my cap.
I also offer this opition if we truly need to kill a 90's player. Here's a bit of a trade
Dexter Fowler (91-89) Dont release:
In exchange I get a free wb slot to help a developing player. Id prefer not to do this but if need be this would be a proposal
I have a lot of guys that are going to FA. Should I post them to drop or should I let them go to FA for the game to decide?
SP Kyle Gibson(slightly better than Martin in Control and Endurance yet 3 points higher than him when Martin's Power and movement are much better, and his health)

C Kurt Barringer(contact is 8 points higher but everything else is comperable or lower than Remeteria, Barringer is rated better)

2B Kenard Jackson-Compared to Tyler he's better is just health and power(6 points) than Harvey. Harvery has 88 or higher in 3 categories and 77 or higher in 3 others(which leaves a 60 and 70)

CF TJ Steele and/or Brett Wallace- Wallace is better in probably 5 of 7 categories and the other two are pretty comperable. Both I think add to this ordeal since both are 80's Their power#'s don't reflect their actual ratings(78 power should translate to 20+HR, TJ hasn't hit that ever.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »