• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling Talent
(07-13-2011, 11:05 PM)dejota Wrote: League A: 4 90s players and 17 80s players on your average team
Leabue B: 3 90s players and 12 80s players on your average team

It would seem to me hands down League B is preferable to a rebuilding team.

Except that, perhaps, messing with the talent structures makes drafting/prospect development more of a crapshoot. In which case, in my opinion, it makes the game less enjoyable to play and can be very frustrating for rebuilding GMs who don't get lucky with their specs.

I've seen leagues that basically have prospect development happen as pure, blind luck because that the easiest way for the file to self-correct. (randomnization) That worries me.

Not trying to doom anything before it happens, just lay out what we need to be cautious about.
I'd much rather have league B. If it fixes the league I'd be fine with a crapshoot on on specs for a couple years.
(07-13-2011, 06:52 PM)GoIrish Wrote:
(07-13-2011, 06:02 PM)AndyP Wrote: We should also be prepared that this may, temporarily, make the talent disparity even worse. Meaning the best teams may stay on top for a long time until the game flushes it's talent properly.

This was my fear and concern as well Andy. Don't get me wrong, I like winning but I also would like to see new teams challenge and compete. It was a good thing last season to see NYM get the WC in the NL after a few years abscence and CHW win the AL Central. We need more of that in the league.

We would see new teams win their division if people stop trading all top talent to ya'll!!!! :@
(07-14-2011, 01:01 AM)mike Wrote: I'd much rather have league B. If it fixes the league I'd be fine with a crapshoot on on specs for a couple years.

The crapshoot, in my eyes, would be permenant. If what I'm seeing is right, we may see the file controlling talent better, but it will come at the price of annoying randomness.

We'll see how things play out - I'm not opposed to either league type as long as it plays in a way that isn't frustrating/irritating/totally randomn.

Has anyone kicked Clay and his butt-kissing lackeys in the junk yet? Because it's overdue...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »