• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATL/CLE BLOCKBUSTER
Sweet....a spot for Hans then!
I would quit if I didn't get a good reason, not because it was veto'd. You missed the last part in the brackets apparently... You need to read the WHOLE thing before jumping down my throat.

I would never quit because I didn't get my way, I would however quit because the Commish ignored me again and won't explain why he shot it down. I do have a problem with "No" being the reason and the commish not answering my PM about it. The new contract doesn't kick in until NEXT season.... and so does the NTC. If anything the extension gets voided but he is still in a arby deal.

If I continue to get the "tough, deal with it" response like I did earlier then this is a league I do not want to be in. Nobody has explained the 10 and a half years of NTC to me.
That ticks me off...not listen to you much less again. I go out of my way to try and make every person feel like they have a voice, even if it's not always the loudest. I spent almost a full hour of my work pounding away on the keyboard trying to explain this.

I can understand being frustrated or disagreeing with a situation but to imply that I ingored you and have so in the past while tossing around the word resignation isn't an acceptable approach.

I think at the minimum we can agree it's a very complicated situation that can be viewed many different ways. I gave you my assessment in the xat before this happened, when it first was posted and now that I'm home from work. I've been consistent about my approach to this and at the end of the day we have S&T elements, Agent Elements and the Draft quickly approaching so we don't have the luxury of hashing this out. With one mod voting no, two agents and two admins expressing reservations I think it's safe to say it's in everyones best interest to not force anything. Therefore this is not happening. I know this isn't the explanation you were hoping for but with a file to get ready and less than an hour to the draft it's the best I can come up with and i hope you don't feel like you're singled out or ignored.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
i actually dont have a problem with approving this. Technically he is right about the NTC and contract. it doesnt take effect until next season or i'd be ok with working out a new one with boras. but, i definitely agree. wrong attitude. wrong approach. fail...
Here is my stance.

If ATL has to renegotiate a deal, thus making him a Boras agent (or a renegotiation with McInnis) then I approve.

If ATL gets the same deal with McInnis, without any consideration than it is a veto from me.

The idea of the trade does not bother me, but there should be a consequence for this trade, and that is having to renegotiate. This also means that if the agent states that he will not sign with ATL that is a risk that the two teams take in this deal.
the wrong attitude and approach in to agrue this on a message board and ignore a PM to discuss it in person. I attempted to discuss is with DJ in a PM but he chose to agrue in on the board with everyone else adding their 2 cents. I STILL do not have a actual explanation on why it was thrown out.

This EXACT same thing happened before a trade deadline a while back... and another time over a bid of a IFA a few seasons ago. My PM's were ignored and it was voiced in the public chatroom itself, and this is becoming a VERY annoying repetitive situation.

This is a major failure in communication... no question. And I am a VERY reasonable person. But if you are going to throw out a trade without actually telling me why, then I expect an explanation, as would any other GM. Next time send me a PM, instead of basically saying "Tough" on the public chatroom.

And I still expect a reason behind this trade not happening....
(06-16-2011, 09:27 PM)hokeyrules Wrote: Here is my stance.

If ATL has to renegotiate a deal, thus making him a Boras agent (or a renegotiation with McInnis) then I approve.

If ATL gets the same deal with McInnis, without any consideration than it is a veto from me.

The idea of the trade does not bother me, but there should be a consequence for this trade, and that is having to renegotiate. This also means that if the agent states that he will not sign with ATL that is a risk that the two teams take in this deal.

I am fine with renegotiating the deal with Boras.
He didn't say renegotiate, he said the Agent may even refuse to. Boras is a dick.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
In the case that Rocky HAS to renegotiate the deal then I approve.

It is not the willing of him that has anything to do with my approval, it has to do with the league and agents forcing him to renegotiate the deal.
From now on the 1 year rule is mandatory. You simply cannot trade a player during the 1st year of a multi-year deal.

From the massive rules post.

Veto - Turner cannot move.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »