• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATL/CLE BLOCKBUSTER
Braves get:
Boris Turner - SP

Indians get:
Braves 1-6 round picks(number 1 overall in each round of this draft)
Alan Pollitt - RF 78/96
Pedro Hernandez - SP 78/84
Rafael Floriano - SP 50/84
Pedro Escandell - SP 65/97
Sid Icasiano - LF 89/95

No brainer. I need to be budget conscience

This is pending League approval and approval of Boris' agent.
I was not shopping Turner for a sign and trade, the offer came out of nowhere from the Braves. and they took my counter offer.
"The partial NTC is with the exception that if we need to move him down the road, we would only move him to a contender or a team close to his home state."
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I accept, will do reasoning as well, but its storming and might knock out power.
very close to his home state....
Georgia not very close to West Virginia - this is an auto-veto based on trade clause details.
why do people sign deals and then look to move the player right afterwards?
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
opposed to where he is now?
and I wasn't looking to move Turner... if you got this offer, you wouldn't be able to say no either
Alright, first off I want to try to extend Turner later on in the year or in offseason. I think my team is coming together, and should be pretty good in coming years. I think Turner is top 5 SP out there, and Marlins have Ace Pace, so I have my very own Ace. I have a young core of SP if this trade happens in Boris Turner number 1, Vlad Pulgarin number 2, Oscar Alma number 3 SP, Emilio Gutierrez as my 4th SP, has a great GB ratio too, should be good, and Jose Ultreras as my 5th SP. All these guys should be up next year, so looking like a young studly SP core I have assembled. I have some nice RP as well to put up guys to try to win, gonna have a lot of money coming off the books after 2021, so will be able to make splash in FA and to lock other guys up if I need too. I have good young hitters on the way up. Got a chance for some real good hitters that should be great for me in future, and like I said the specs I don't have I will have plenty of money coming off books after 2021 to sign guys to be competitive soon.

I give up a lot here, but I need to really do something here. Sid is good, but he can't hit against lefties to save his life, I plan on trading Foxworth OR moving him to LF, and then when Luis Gonzalez is up to play him, he has a shot to be a stud 1B. Escandell has fallen some from last year, and he is def no sure thing to ever materialize into anything. Floriano has nice potential, but again he could just as easily turn into Whetstone who I have that used to be 90 peak, now looks just decent at best. Hernandez is a 5th SP at best. Pollitt is good, but I don't think he is a 96 overall player, and could always struggle against righties. I trade all my 6 round picks, but same thing here, they could all turn to busts. Nobody that I am trading is a sure thing to be great, they all could just as easily bust, and Sid is only one that is almost peaked, but may only be a platoon type hitter since he can't hit lefties worth a shit. So even though I am giving up a shit ton here, and im sure a few will make it and be great, but I would hate it if I didn't do this deal and get a sure thing Stud Ace which are hard to find in this league that is young, and then most of these specs bust and I never become a good team in this league.

Since I took over, I have spent money on my stadium, we have excellent in convenience, comfort, and sight lines, and infield quality. We also are 3rd in league with most seats, so we expect when we do get good, to sell out and gain more and more revenue to resign people. Turner is from West Virginia, which isn't farm from Georgia, and still on the same East Coast. Braves had a tradition of winning in the 90's to early 00's, and I expect us to win once again and it will all come down to our studly young SP group that I have put together. We are gonna win with pitching. I am willing to dish out the big bucks to extend Turner to a longterm deal and to try to win very soon, otherwise I would have never made this trade. Situation where I needed to make this happen to be good.
(06-16-2011, 06:11 PM)AndyP Wrote: Georgia not very close to West Virginia - this is an auto-veto based on trade clause details.

It is only 3 states away, and still on East Coast, what are you talking about?
I am willing to give him more money, and a FULL NTC to get around this.
I already signed him long term for ya ;)

Hence everyone bitching about the sign and trade. I was not shopping him for a sign and trade, Rocky gave me an offer I couldn't refuse... I never asked for it
Are Montana and Kansas close? Minnesota and Kentucky? That argument is ridiculous.

Veto.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »