Poll: How should we handle re-signings/extensions?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No Changes
40.00%
4 40.00%
+10% contract demands & 80+ overall/arby players must go to arbitration
30.00%
3 30.00%
+20% contract demands & 80+ overall/arby players must go to arbitration
10.00%
1 10.00%
Other (Explain)
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to handle Re-signings
Sure it is, just like in real life you do the arby a couple times and then prior to their final or next to last year of arby you extend them. How can we build that in?
minimum 5 years service time to be eligible for an extension?
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
When is it arby ends? after the 5th or 6th season right? If so, that would make sense.
you're eligible for FA when you hit 6 yrs of mlb service time.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I like that idea, easy to know, takes pressure off the admins/agents, and still allows you to buy out FA years just like in real life.

Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.
For lower payroll teams like my self, raising contract demands will hurt my team for future chances of winning. Ive been lucky enough to put a competitive yet under payroll team the 1st 3 seasons. But raising contract demands will only hurt me as well as other teams. So I have this idea.

Label guys into 4 categories

A- players- 95 ovr and up
B- players- 88-94 ovr
C- 83-87 ovr
D- Anyone else

Have it where every 3 years you can only sign a limit on those type of players. So every 3 years. You can only sign 2 type A, 4 type B, 9 type C, and 13 type D.

This will do a few things, You can still can sign probably most of your guys but it makes you have to plan for the future. Kind of like a real GM. Youll see you have 3 guys who will be free agents in the next 3 years and there all 90+ so you need to decide who to move or who to resign. I think maybe a little tweaking and this could work out well

Another thing is ONLY allow 2 resignings during the season. That will def add a small boost of players to hit the market.

1 more thing. Have it where any player with a 25+ greed to have to hit free agency. Give the team who originally had him have have a boost on the competition to resign him. But not a definite to resign him

Hope these can help out in the future. Just dont hurt the lower market teams -__-
http://www.firstclassmogul.com/showthread.php?tid=593&pid=1922#pid1922
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
I hate resigning charts too.
If I am understanding the gist of this correctly the issue at hand are people locking players up in arb years and not enough quality hitting FA?

Here are some of my random thoughts and ideas, going to spitball some while I am on a conference call....

I agree with Andy and DJ, not allowing extensions till the 5th year makes a lot of sense.

Bench players over a certain rating are not allowed to resign, in order to resign they need to have started in at least 40% of the games played, or a certain amount of starts on the season or appearances for the pitchers. 40% gives some flexibility to platoon type of players. We could also put something out there for SP being used as RP, obviously some SP would want to hit FA and get their chance in a rotation. Maybe we can use the players happiness in that case. It also assures the league that if a player is not being used on one team or being used as that player would like to be used that someone will use him and will populate our season end FA pool better.

Make an arb committee of 5 people, any player that wants to be resigned while under arb, that contract would need to go through the committee. They would proceed to compare the player in question to others n the market place and give a value for the player on the resign. We would take the finding for all 5 of the committee and give the average of the 5. In essence, it will be our own arb panel.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
Arb panel wouldn't be bad if each extension proposal from the individuals in the panel was given along with the average. In other words, a crazy outlier offer shouldn't be taken into account
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »