Poll: How should we handle re-signings/extensions?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No Changes
40.00%
4 40.00%
+10% contract demands & 80+ overall/arby players must go to arbitration
30.00%
3 30.00%
+20% contract demands & 80+ overall/arby players must go to arbitration
10.00%
1 10.00%
Other (Explain)
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to handle Re-signings
In order to increase the amount of talent in the FA pool and prevent unrealistic contracts we've discussed potential options. Please vote on how you feel re-signings are best handled.

NOTE: Options 2&3 totals will count together and the highest vote getter of the two will win. If they win the entire poll and are tied +10% will win.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
No offence to you when I say this, but if you're deciding the contracts for half the league, do you need the rest of us?

I'm fine with keeping everything how it is except for upping demands by 10%
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
No offense taken, I see what your getting at but I think that's a half-baked point at best.

If you'd prefer to just make it to where you have no options for extending your arbitration players I'm fine with that but the only reason for including the agent at all is to keep the option open, not to "decide the contracts for half the league". I'm kinda surprised you even came with that to be honest I don't see where you got it from.

Just upping by 10% does nothing to address or circumvent the tom-foolery we've experienced with re-signings.
The poll says nothing about agents only handling extenions for arby players. Half the options involve you being the go to guy for extensions for any player with an overall above 80. As I said, I mean no offense when I say this, but going to the same guy to extend any player with at least an average rating will:
1 - Lead to you treating this like a job with the dozens of contract extension PMs you'll get daily
2 - Take this league away from the simplicity that Scotty is always speaking of
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
Let's just implement Stat Type A and B's
Shit I didn't write the poll right.

That's mean to read arbitration only players. In their final year of the contract then they can resign based on the normal rules because arby will raise their value. I certainly don't want to handle every little contract and would agree that's ridiculous.

The only extra time an agent would be in play is when a team wants to try and buy out arbitration years. It's meant to increase the number of players going to arbitration before signing long term deals. If anything it's less work for the admins.

Quote:+10% contract demands & 80+ overall players must contact the agent to sign an extension

That's how it read before I changed it. I think it's easier just to stop allowing arbitration players extensions.
Arbitration extensions are realistic though. Teams buy-out free agent years all the time. It's a win-win for teams and players. There may not be an easy fix (since backups and arby players usually want as much or more than star players - thanks a lot Mogul!), but outright denying the ability to resign arby players is not a good idea either in my opinion.
I'm fine leaving the option open to petition the agent or even designate a mod for it but we're not going to make everybody happy with this. I'd rather err on the side of caution and not allow it. The market can set their value and if they're a backup player nontendering when they get too expensive is also realistic. I'm fine w/ leaving demands where they're at but we need to put an end to these 3 year contracts based upon their expected first year arby earnings.
Why not limit when the three year deal can be signed then? Like, player must have accepted Arbitration at least three times? Something like that?
That's the same thing as no arby extensions
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »