• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Contracts
Well I like it because it puts players in the FA pool, and makes it more exciting in the offseason. but like I said we can refine it to our liking. But either way some people are going to like how it is and some people wont. I really dont think theres a solution that we all will like.
I will close this league before I add release charts. Haha I loath them
for the sake of conversation why do you loathe them?
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Know what I loathe? Scotty's spelling
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
(08-14-2010, 08:37 PM)ezpkns34 Wrote: Know what I loathe? Scotty's spelling

And I loathe you. I Loathe you :dodgy: LMAOOO:D
Too much GM error and wayyyyy too much admin work... This league was built to be simple
(08-14-2010, 05:25 PM)clsoonersfan Wrote: OK heres a suggestion, I really like how MLM does their offseason resignings, Before the offseason they catagorize Type A, Type B and Type C players, You can only resgin 3 out of 5 Type A and B players and have to let 2 of them go, and all Type C players u can resign. So that every year teams will have to let some of their good players hit the market, so that FA will be actually worth it and there will be enough players that teams will get good players even in the small market teams. just a suggestion though. I really like the system and I know a few on here play in MLM so they know what im talking about.

I hated the charts.
In a conversation with DJ earlier, he was upset that people are signing people with decent ratings that will be bench players to 3 year deals. In baseball, if that person is blocked from having a position, they most likely will test the market and find someplace to play.

So my thought to get more FA in the market, If a player has a rating over ?? and they are not in your starting lineup, Staring Rotation or Bullpen. They will not be able to be resigned and will hit FA. We will use the season prior as the barometer to that effect, they would need to start in over 1/2 the games. If they are a SP, they would need to have made X amount of starts. If they are a starting pitcher being used in a bullpen, those numbers do not count.

Keep in mind this does not apply toward arb eligible players. Only players that the team does not have a control over.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
I assume platoon players could be exempt from this starting 50% of the games rule?
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
That's the problem, coming up with a rule that's not ultimately subjective. Because I could see a situation in which both would be a realistic outcome.

I think if we increase contract demands by 10% and stopped allowing arbitration players to sign extensions without consulting the agent would produce the results we're looking for and would be a rule that isn't subjective in the slightest. That would prevent loopholes I think. If we really wanted to make sure players were getting their fair shake to start we'd be forced into creating subjective rules, more loopholes and more opportunities to be an ass.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »