• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Contracts
Enough of the 3yrs/bullshit deals, I think it's being an ass and circumventing the spirit of the rules which we all know is the prevent unrealistic contracts. I'm very very frustrated by this especially because I hear a lot about the weak free agent classes.

I'm incredibly sick of this approach because as a league I know we're more mature than that. If a player doesn't have a roll on your team and he's not an arbitration case you non-tender him...period. If you don't the player himself refuses to sign an extension....also period.

I think the following rules would prevent most of the shenanigans:

-Increase in contract demands by 10% minimum, I'd prefer 20%.

-No extension for arbitration players unless the GM wants to consult the agent.

-Adjust compensation as follows:
-Type A: Top 5 player at his position (15 starting 10 relieving pitchers) based on overall AND/OR 90+ overall.
-Type B: 5-10 player at his position (15 more starters 10 more relievers) based on overall AND/OR 84+
-If you change a player's position it takes 1 full season for his compensation status to change to his new position.

That way before a GM can re-sign anybody they establish their value in arbitration. It's not often that teams buy out player's arbitration years and yet it's a regular occurrence here in FCM. If we implement these rules we encourage non tendering and prevent these odd 3 year deals.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Quote:I'm incredibly sick of this approach because as a league I know we're more mature than that. If a player doesn't have a roll on your team and he's not an arbitration case you non-tender him...period. If you don't the player himself refuses to sign an extension....also period.
who is going to police this?

I for one think we should have an agent for each division and make any extensions go thru them. And they can take into account the players position on the team.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Contact me please DJ... I have a semi-simple but effective fix
(08-13-2010, 09:40 PM)dejota Wrote: -Increase in contract demands by 10% minimum, I'd prefer 20%.

nooooooooooooo
I agree with increased contract demands

In-game contracts for players in 85-89 are lower than they should be. Meanwhile, players rated 90+ are supposed to be the players you want to build around, but they cost far more than 88-89 players due to the agents, so now 88-89 overall players are the best in the game b/c they're almost as good but can be signed for a fraction of the cost of 90+ overalls.
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
"In-game contracts for players in 85-89 are lower than they should be. Meanwhile, players rated 90+ are supposed to be the players you want to build around, but they cost far more than 88-89 players due to the agents, so now 88-89 overall players are the best in the game b/c they're almost as good but can be signed for a fraction of the cost of 90+ overalls."

Is it possible to increase contract demands for only one group of players?
No it is not.
I think this helps small market teams because:

-You can still petition the agent to negotiate a contract for the arby years, and if you're a small market you're far more likely to get an approval from the agent.

-The increased compensation and improved free agent classes allow for the high turn-over required to compete in a small market and as a residual effect, you can sign effective cheaper players without having to fight the bigger markets since they'll be trying to land the bigger fishes you just released for compensation.

Also - Hat tip to Sean for compensation rules idea.
OK heres a suggestion, I really like how MLM does their offseason resignings, Before the offseason they catagorize Type A, Type B and Type C players, You can only resgin 3 out of 5 Type A and B players and have to let 2 of them go, and all Type C players u can resign. So that every year teams will have to let some of their good players hit the market, so that FA will be actually worth it and there will be enough players that teams will get good players even in the small market teams. just a suggestion though. I really like the system and I know a few on here play in MLM so they know what im talking about.
Doesn't that just amount to penalizing big market teams? And MLM also has an inflated talent pool compared to FCM so that doesn't have as big of an impact than it would here. I'd be worried about it just penalizing teams who happen to have a bunch of players come up for contracts at the same time. You'd also be able to circumvent this by tiering your re-signings and just trading away those who don't line up well which would penalize teams w/ new GMs, GMs who aren't paying close attention or those who are waiting to re-sign players to save some cash in arby. Maybe I'm being nit-picky so I'd like to hear from others who do like this system.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »