• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIT-OAK-HOU
idk but OAK has 60M to spare in budget so i think in this case its ok.

approve
I will approve.
The dialog behind the trade was basically to help out another GM. Get out of debt some. it was originally a deal between myself and Pit but b/c I wanted nothing to do w/ Stephens, b/c I feel he is a dime a dozen player in this league, I felt the need to trade him away and get something else for him.
Truth be told I was never giving up anything in the first offers of a deal

Quote:Pasamonte will start the pitching revolution in Oakland and while I think Auxier will be better in the long run, Pasamonte should hit the majors sooner

Compared side by side, Auxier will be better at a same overall, but I'm personally banking on the higher peak to come through in Pasamonte's case and post him above. Ideally it is something that I didn't want to do but it just helps out a fellow small market team.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
I am going to change to a veto. "Helping out another GM" is wildly unrealistic.

Sorry, I don't mind the trade value gotten here, but this kind of reasoning is unacceptable. If you have cash to burn absorbing other player's contracts - you should maximize that with draft picks and contracts, not make lateral moves.
(03-29-2011, 11:11 AM)AndyP Wrote: I am going to change to a veto. "Helping out another GM" is wildly unrealistic.

Sorry, I don't mind the trade value gotten here, but this kind of reasoning is unacceptable. If you have cash to burn absorbing other player's contracts - you should maximize that with draft picks and contracts, not make lateral moves.

Not to be a dick, but, lets be honest, no mogul league is completely realisitc. And this does happen plenty, where another team takes on another teams bad contracts for either cash or prospects included, usually though its cash to help justify the contract. I dont see a problem with "helping out another gm". Not to mention Oak is over 60M UNDER budget, with no real "star" to sign long term at the moment.. still approve from me
this is at 3-2 then to approve?
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
with andy's change, it looks like a veto I think, but my math could be off
How are you gonna flip flop Andy?! My reason for doing the trade was in my acceptance to begin w/. You were a hard lock and should stay that way. The only person who's vote we were waiting on was Hokey and he said yes.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
(03-29-2011, 05:45 PM)Cdawg Wrote: How are you gonna flip flop Andy?! My reason for doing the trade was in my acceptance to begin w/. You were a hard lock and should stay that way. The only person who's vote we were waiting on was Hokey and he said yes.

The phrase that bothered me is "just doing another GM a favor". I have the right to change my mind when new information is added to the equation - what you added seriously bothers me.

That is one step short of collusion and while I know that this isn't necessarily collusion, I still reject the reasoning. I'm vetoing on the principle that you should be acting to make your team better, not make other GM's jobs easier.
My reason is I have Tiger Blood. Nuff said. now change it back.

Other than the fact that I lose some of the potential cash from this trade, I do better myself. I add a player who is a fan favorite and there for guarantees me for the next 3 seasons if I choose so, to bring in a few extra fans for more revenue. I add depth to a OF and team that really could use the extra bat. my 1B is batting .137 w/ a .248OBP. I can expect both of those to increase w/ Kemp in the lineup instead. and again contract aside he's a top 5 pickup in FA anyway and again his FF status gives him a leg up over the likes of a Lowrie or a Peterson.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »