Poll: I want to expand:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
59.09%
13 59.09%
No
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Expansion Proposal
Sign me up with the "I don't care" faction. It's a game and if more people want to play, woooohooo.
in all honesty, I was first of the opinion of being fine doing it this season or next. However, after talking it over with people. We could not handle doing expansion next season with the new version of mogul coming out. we are going potentially lose people to the new version and/or lose potential new owners to new leagues that will pop up of the new version. So if we do not get this put in place for this season, I will vote solidly no for next season because it will be set up for failure.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
I'm not sure how a new version would affect us... Do you see a GM leaving because we don't switch to 2k12?
:min2: GM
(03-06-2011, 02:31 AM)Scott Wrote: I'm not sure how a new version would affect us... Do you see a GM leaving because we don't switch to 2k12?

Yes, it happens all the time.. people think b/c its a new game that they want to start or join a new league.. there are many GM's who jump league to league as it is, and it gets worse when new versions come out. I wont name any names, but there are a few here either on the waiting list or current GM's that are widely known for league jumping.. its no secret, people know who they are if you have been around the online leagues long enough... like i said earlier, if expansion is going to happen, its now or never... i dont get why people are so against it, expansion is a good thing.
So we can't expand in the future because people will jump leagues, but we can expand now and wait for people to jump leagues a season down the road?
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
(03-06-2011, 02:56 AM)mattynokes Wrote: So we can't expand in the future because people will jump leagues, but we can expand now and wait for people to jump leagues a season down the road?

The answer was referring to the switch to Mogul 12'... if we go ahead and make the switch to Mogul 12', it will still keep people in the league b/c chances are, most will not want to switch back and forth between 2 versions of mogul to play in multiple leagues. If we DONT make the switch, then yes, in all likelyhood, we will lose some GM's... Most will play the current version and if dont keep up with it, then these league jumping GM's will do what they always do...If we expand the league now, make the switch to mogul 12', there shouldnt be much of a problem..
Irish, no offense here but by that logic we should never expand as we could still lose the same number of gms either way so expanding even now would only add to the problem a month from now. I also disagree that ppl will quit just to join a league uising 2k 12. If they obtain 2k 11 for free then its not like it costs them any money to join our league and the fact that 2k12 will be no different especially if you just sim the games I dont see it being a big deal like it has been in years past. I wouldnt agree to making the switch to 2k12 either even if I did get it for free simply because even though u can concvert saves, it never plays nice with the data after you do it.
(03-06-2011, 03:25 AM)Atlbravesfan27 Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 02:56 AM)mattynokes Wrote: So we can't expand in the future because people will jump leagues, but we can expand now and wait for people to jump leagues a season down the road?

The answer was referring to the switch to Mogul 12'... if we go ahead and make the switch to Mogul 12', it will still keep people in the league b/c chances are, most will not want to switch back and forth between 2 versions of mogul to play in multiple leagues. If we DONT make the switch, then yes, in all likelyhood, we will lose some GM's... Most will play the current version and if dont keep up with it, then these league jumping GM's will do what they always do...If we expand the league now, make the switch to mogul 12', there shouldnt be much of a problem..

I don't want to get accused of this not being logic...but Matty's point is that if we are a definite "no" for next year because we'll lose GMs for the 2k12 version...why are we expanding at all?

Then we have 32 spots to fill instead of 30 with the defections. It makes zero sense. As Nick has pointed out, if we're so confident the league can support this long-term....what's the rush? If we're not confident it can, why's it even on the table?
(03-06-2011, 02:31 AM)Scott Wrote: I'm not sure how a new version would affect us... Do you see a GM leaving because we don't switch to 2k12?

It is pretty typical that when something new comes out, people tend to try it out and play it. I don't think we lose many owners but we will be more limited on the amount of new owners that are looking to join our version of the game. So when the natural attrition happens, it will be harder to replace. So if this is voted no for this off season, then this is a dead issue to me for next off season.

In regards to what we do with 2k12, I don't think we should even consider switching until the bugs and kinks are worked out in that version well down the line, however, there will still be people starting up leagues in 2k12 and that version will have the buzz because it is new.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
LAA GM 2022-2035
(03-06-2011, 04:16 AM)AndyP Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 03:25 AM)Atlbravesfan27 Wrote:

I don't want to get accused of this not being logic...but Matty's point is that if we are a definite "no" for next year because we'll lose GMs for the 2k12 version...why are we expanding at all?

Then we have 32 spots to fill instead of 30 with the defections. It makes zero sense. As Nick has pointed out, if we're so confident the league can support this long-term....what's the rush? If we're not confident it can, why's it even on the table?

Andy, because 2k12 is not out yet, when the next off season happens, it will be around or shortly after the release date of 2k12. In my opinion, we would have to hold off any talks of expansion until the summer when we possibly make the switch to 2k12.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
LAA GM 2022-2035
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »