Poll: I want to expand:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
59.09%
13 59.09%
No
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Expansion Proposal
(03-06-2011, 04:14 AM)mike Wrote: Irish, no offense here but by that logic we should never expand as we could still lose the same number of gms either way so expanding even now would only add to the problem a month from now. I also disagree that ppl will quit just to join a league uising 2k 12. If they obtain 2k 11 for free then its not like it costs them any money to join our league and the fact that 2k12 will be no different especially if you just sim the games I dont see it being a big deal like it has been in years past. I wouldnt agree to making the switch to 2k12 either even if I did get it for free simply because even though u can concvert saves, it never plays nice with the data after you do it.

It is very logical, natural attrition happens with owners. It will be harder to replace owners when we are on the old version. The reason why I think we could handle expansion now as opposed to a month from now is because the new version has not been released yet, when the next off season happens it will be around the release date or shortly after the release date of the new version. A bad time to look for 2 new owners on an old version so we can do expansion. If we do not do it now, I would hold off on expansion until some point in the summer if and when me make the switch to the 2k12 version.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
Quote:It is pretty typical that when something new comes out, people tend to try it out and play it. I don't think we lose many owners but we will be more limited on the amount of new owners that are looking to join our version of the game. So when the natural attrition happens, it will be harder to replace. So if this is voted no for this off season, then this is a dead issue to me for next off season.

So why compound that future problem by adding two more teams now? Maybe we should weather that storm first before we do something that will be much harder to undo in the future.

Essentially what I'm hearing is that we should expand the league now while we can because in the future our uncertainty will be high (we aren't sure what file we'll use) and because of our file we will have more trouble filling GM spots. (if we stick with 2011)

And these uncertainties are good reasons to expand right now in the next 72 real-time hours? Huh? How on earth can anyone rely on that reasoning? If we're that unsure of our long-term ability to fill team spots, why on god's green earth would we add more spots to keep filled?
So some GMs will leave. That will actually be a blessing in disguise. If anyone leaves for the new version then they aren't what this league needs anyways. So, good riddance to whoever this may be. It you have a good product, which I believe this league has, then interest will still be there. Good GMs want a good league, not the newest, flashiest format out there. Good GMs don't really care about having real players or fictitious players. It's the concept of Mogul and running a baseball organization that draws them in. PSBL laughs at new versions of Mogul, so it's not an exact science that people will lose interest. You can have an older product and still be successful.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
It will not matter much, but my vote of no is officially a yes.
(03-06-2011, 04:39 AM)mattynokes Wrote: So some GMs will leave. That will actually be a blessing in disguise. If anyone leaves for the new version then they aren't what this league needs anyways. So, good riddance to whoever this may be. It you have a good product, which I believe this league has, then interest will still be there. Good GMs want a good league, not the newest, flashiest format out there. Good GMs don't really care about having real players or fictitious players. It's the concept of Mogul and running a baseball organization that draws them in. PSBL laughs at new versions of Mogul, so it's not an exact science that people will lose interest. You can have an older product and still be successful.

Well unfortunately, not every league has 30 good gm's... every league has their noobs or guys that are known league jumpers.... I think a few of you are looking at this as some catastrophic detriment in the making... Even though i have my doubts about a few people when the new version comes out, i still think this is a solid league and i dont think it would be hard to replace GM's if we need too. You guys have taken mine and sean's comments and spinned them into a bigger deal than it needs to be. I honestly think expansion would go quite smoothly, atleast more smoothly than you guys seem to think. We have a solid core of guys with others wanting in this league. Its a great league. There is no doubt.

As far as switching to 2k12, i firmly believe we should make the switch to it once a few patches have come out to fix the bugs and kinks. We made the transition from 2010 to 2011 in Outahere and it went very smoothly and only a handful of players were effected and it wasnt anything major. The switch is actually very easy.
(03-06-2011, 06:27 PM)Atlbravesfan27 Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 04:39 AM)mattynokes Wrote: So some GMs will leave. That will actually be a blessing in disguise. If anyone leaves for the new version then they aren't what this league needs anyways. So, good riddance to whoever this may be. It you have a good product, which I believe this league has, then interest will still be there. Good GMs want a good league, not the newest, flashiest format out there. Good GMs don't really care about having real players or fictitious players. It's the concept of Mogul and running a baseball organization that draws them in. PSBL laughs at new versions of Mogul, so it's not an exact science that people will lose interest. You can have an older product and still be successful.

Well unfortunately, not every league has 30 good gm's... every league has their noobs or guys that are known league jumpers.... I think a few of you are looking at this as some catastrophic detriment in the making... Even though i have my doubts about a few people when the new version comes out, i still think this is a solid league and i dont think it would be hard to replace GM's if we need too. You guys have taken mine and sean's comments and spinned them into a bigger deal than it needs to be. I honestly think expansion would go quite smoothly, atleast more smoothly than you guys seem to think. We have a solid core of guys with others wanting in this league. Its a great league. There is no doubt.

As far as switching to 2k12, i firmly believe we should make the switch to it once a few patches have come out to fix the bugs and kinks. We made the transition from 2010 to 2011 in Outahere and it went very smoothly and only a handful of players were effected and it wasnt anything major. The switch is actually very easy.

ehhh handfull on each team maybe. I had 2-3 guys I know for sure that got crushed by the switch in outahere, and they were suppose to be really really really good. I don't see any reason why we should switch since many people have said it is almost the same.
IMO if 75% of the league isn't in agreement about expansion it shouldn't be done. We need a large majority, not just the majority, to go through with this if you want total trust in what it expansion can't accomplish. I'm for expansion, but not if 50% of the league is saying no, not even if only 30% of the league is saying no.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »