• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Read
(02-26-2011, 07:48 PM)danpac47 Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 05:55 PM)GoIrish Wrote: A few of the admins have been approached with a concern that some owners are feeling like no matter what they do, they just cannot win. The fear here, is that owners will get discouraged and go elsewhere, lose interest or just stop playing all together.

this is FIRST CLASS MOGUL. If you feel you cannot win, you don't belong here and should leave anyway.

Or another option could be, leaving your current team because of "inactivity" and getting another team when it opens.
Prime example: Mstrpr who could not handle the AL east, giving up his Orioles for the Phillies.

Yea thanks for calling me a liar. My Regents scores look much better than what they would've had I continued to play mogul at the rate I was playing. I put many days of hard work into that Orioles team and you can't tell me otherwise....the time period I left was a time period of low activity because people had a lot more important stuff to do. The time I came back compared to when the Orioles were taken does look shady, but the most I have the power to do is tell you I had been studying my ass off everyday, taking 3 tutor classes in the final 3 weeks leading up to the regents in order to pass with the score I wanted. The Orioles were not my team, I was the Co-GM to Gmoney until I proved to Scott I could be committed enough and the fact that I did such a good job kind of trapped me with them IMO. Oh, and not to mention my internet was cut off until the very day I returned. I'm sorry is your feel some sort of way about how I returned. That's all I can do about that situation.
You guys are bringing a tear to my eye! I'm also not in favor of realignment.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(02-26-2011, 07:34 PM)KillaCal AKA JS Wrote: I agree with Matty and I'm absolutely against restructuring, I didn't invest all this time to rebuild my team just to take a cop out and restructure the league. Give us some time to rebuild our team and have some faith in us as a GM. If you think a GM isn't committed enough to winning then fire them.

And Mstrpr I understand that you were able to turn the team around in one season, but every team is different. You had some prospects already and had bargaining chips to help your team become a contender while some of us must start from nothing.

Download the 2012 trade deadline file and tell me if I had enough prospects and bargaining chips to turn that team around as fast as I did. One thing is clear on your point though....I am a prime example of why realignment would not be a good idea having brought success to the Orioles in a division that had 3 top tier American League competitors.
I'm pretty sure you didn't have the Phillies until about a month ago. Well 1-30-2011 to be exact. So there is clearly something wrong with your timeline. So if i were to DL the file, I would assess your team from 2014 ST not 2012. But i'm not going to do so, but you had ACE SP Stutes, which allowed you to replenish your farm completely, and then Saunders, Brown, etc. etc.
Yeah no re-alignment. This is how real baseball works, there is logjams, good teams wont make the playoffs its just how it is. If you cant handle it then quit and I'll personally go find a gm to replace you with. Rebuilds take at best 3 years to come to fruition, and at worst 5+. Use strategy, if you know there is a logjam or if there is one team way above the rest, take your shot when you have that door open where your team is great before that door closes.
(02-26-2011, 07:04 PM)Scott Wrote: I've gone back and forth on this in the past few days. But heres where Im at now... EVERYTHING that we have been doing, realism is the #1 goal. We are contradicting ourselves.

stop bringing up expansion then.
(02-26-2011, 10:21 PM)hokeyrules Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 07:04 PM)Scott Wrote: I've gone back and forth on this in the past few days. But heres where Im at now... EVERYTHING that we have been doing, realism is the #1 goal. We are contradicting ourselves.

stop bringing up expansion then.

lol! +1
I'm against re-alignment as well.

The heart of the problem is that people are unable to scout talent properly and therefore don't put in good building blocks for their teams.

I would be ok with shuffling GM responsibilities....but I'm not sure that would fix the problem, just shift the power.
(02-26-2011, 08:54 PM)KillaCal AKA JS Wrote: I'm pretty sure you didn't have the Phillies until about a month ago. Well 1-30-2011 to be exact. So there is clearly something wrong with your timeline. So if i were to DL the file, I would assess your team from 2014 ST not 2012. But i'm not going to do so, but you had ACE SP Stutes, which allowed you to replenish your farm completely, and then Saunders, Brown, etc. etc.

I'm talking about the Orioles that I took over in the middle of 2012.
(02-26-2011, 08:09 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 05:55 PM)GoIrish Wrote: A few of the admins have been approached with a concern that some owners are feeling like no matter what they do, they just cannot win. The fear here, is that owners will get discouraged and go elsewhere, lose interest or just stop playing all together.

this is FIRST CLASS MOGUL. If you feel you cannot win, you don't belong here and should leave anyway.

Or another option could be, leaving your current team because of "inactivity" and getting another team when it opens.
Prime example: Mstrpr who could not handle the AL east, giving up his Orioles for the Phillies.

Yea thanks for calling me a liar. My Regents scores look much better than what they would've had I continued to play mogul at the rate I was playing. I put many days of hard work into that Orioles team and you can't tell me otherwise....the time period I left was a time period of low activity because people had a lot more important stuff to do. The time I came back compared to when the Orioles were taken does look shady, but the most I have the power to do is tell you I had been studying my ass off everyday, taking 3 tutor classes in the final 3 weeks leading up to the regents in order to pass with the score I wanted. The Orioles were not my team, I was the Co-GM to Gmoney until I proved to Scott I could be committed enough and the fact that I did such a good job kind of trapped me with them IMO. Oh, and not to mention my internet was cut off until the very day I returned. I'm sorry is your feel some sort of way about how I returned. That's all I can do about that situation.

I thought danpac was joking.

U said that you wanted the Orioles when you came back too and you were not sure if you would want a different team.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
(02-27-2011, 12:13 AM)Jordan Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 08:09 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:

I thought danpac was joking.

U said that you wanted the Orioles when you came back too and you were not sure if you would want a different team.

And when I went on the waiting list I had no idea what team would open that I would take responsibility of. It could have been any wack-job team. I didn't take offense to what he said, just felt like I had to give an explanation for what he said and what others might think.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »