• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sim Changes
yup, if you don't like dropbox, please send the file to jordan_3vng@sendtodropbox.com. But keep in mind I will only receive the .team file, and no extra message along with it. If for some reason you feel that I need to be informed of something else along with your .team file, just PM me whatever that message is.
(Btw, Dropbox has only been around since the end of 2008 and they are always updating it so I'm not exactly sure how it is old or flawed!)

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
(02-03-2011, 12:07 AM)Jordan Wrote: (Btw, Dropbox has only been around since the end of 2008 and they are always updating it so I'm not exactly sure how it is old or flawed!)

Whatever you say chief, I used it to run two different leagues when the rest of the staff bailed. Maybe you'll find glory with it. But I think you'll come to find out it's not exactly as perfect as it seems.
Project: Rebuild a team that has nothing.

2015: 56-106
2016: 74-88
2017: 73-89
2018: 66-96
------------------------
Total: 269-379

Project #2, bring a title back to LA.

2019: 94-68 NL West Champions
2020:
The idea would be great by me Jordan....if you did every sim.

The fact that we'll have a different depth chart policy based on different simmers strikes me as a problem waiting to happen. Especially since in the last two seasons we have had inconsistency in who sims. (Often the posted simmer isn't even here on sim night and someone else picks up the slack)
(02-03-2011, 12:18 AM)mhall23 Wrote:
(02-03-2011, 12:07 AM)Jordan Wrote: (Btw, Dropbox has only been around since the end of 2008 and they are always updating it so I'm not exactly sure how it is old or flawed!)

Whatever you say chief, I used it to run two different leagues when the rest of the staff bailed. Maybe you'll find glory with it. But I think you'll come to find out it's not exactly as perfect as it seems.

If your familiar with it, and have it installed on your computer, I can share the folder with you so you can just copy and paste your .team file into it.

What is funny about this is if no simmer could possibly be here on sim night, I could do the sim while everyone viewing so there is absolutely no way I could tamper with the file. Just another way I could help out.
(02-03-2011, 09:43 AM)Mstrpr626 Wrote: What is funny about this is if no simmer could possibly be here on sim night, I could do the sim while everyone viewing so there is absolutely no way I could tamper with the file. Just another way I could help out.

Well it seems like live sims aren't that popular so they wont be that often, and 2 - I have to turn off the password before I open up team viewer, and I have to put the password back in after I turn off team viewer.

(02-03-2011, 10:23 AM)Jordan Wrote:
(02-03-2011, 09:43 AM)Mstrpr626 Wrote: What is funny about this is if no simmer could possibly be here on sim night, I could do the sim while everyone viewing so there is absolutely no way I could tamper with the file. Just another way I could help out.

Well it seems like live sims aren't that popular so they wont be that often, and 2 - I have to turn off the password before I open up team viewer, and I have to put the password back in after I turn off team viewer.

Eh, Oh well then.
I LOVE live sims. I wish this league did them more often. We almost always have a good turnout for sims and yet we still just whip through two weeks.

If we could find a consistent way to do what you're suggesting Jordan - I'm all about it.
I'll be sending my team file via pm. Nothing personal, but I don't see why we should have to go through this. I would understand if you were doing every sim or if this was the same method for every simmer. But for 1 person just doesn't make sense. I've heard of previous problems using this and won't be risking that for my team which is in a vital state for a lot of my young guys development. I would not like to risk anything..

I also don't think anything is wrong with the way we have been doing the depth charts now. If its not broken don't fix. Just my 2 cents..
(02-03-2011, 11:47 AM)EPIC xX Fate Xx Wrote: I'll be sending my team file via pm. Nothing personal, but I don't see why we should have to go through this. I would understand if you were doing every sim or if this was the same method for every simmer. But for 1 person just doesn't make sense. I've heard of previous problems using this and won't be risking that for my team which is in a vital state for a lot of my young guys development. I would not like to risk anything..

I also don't think anything is wrong with the way we have been doing the depth charts now. If its not broken don't fix. Just my 2 cents..

If it works, DJ and Sean will also be simming this way, but we decided for the first season to do this gradually because change is always a hastle, and that only my sims will use dropbox.

The point behind it is it will save a lot of time on simming, and especially if I am doing a live sim, it will make life a lot easier. I was very busy last season, and I knew I did not have the extra 10-15 min to download all the lines and then move them all to the correct folder along with putting in trades and everything else, which is why I had to have someone else sim for me. Simming takes a lot of time, so using Dropbox will help us cut corners and allow us to focus our time on other things, like a live sim.
However if you are not going to use dropbox, please e-mail it to me with the e-mail account specified in the post in the depth chart section.

If you download the dropbox program, it will also be even quicker for you give me your lines then the current method. By downloading dropbox, I can link you to the FCM folder, and all you will have to do is copy the .team file and paste it into the correct SIM in the FCM folder which will be in dropbox on your computer.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »