• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOS - MIN
(04-28-2017, 05:08 PM)mike Wrote: Why? Because it's clear as day when you go into the trade submission thread. You know that big rule that says Sign & Trade rule. And to boot you didn't even know any rule existed until I pointed them all out to you. I was trying to help give you the heads up to not be surprised if Andy puts the kobash on this, and myself and others kindly explained why this deal isn't likely happening in the xat and why such rules came into place. Now stop acting like a brat trying to argue this over petty book keeping. Everything was explained as to why there is a hard line so lets not give andy the headache trying to tip toe that line again and move on and find another pitcher for your failing season.

Are you getting a little heated, Mikey? Calm down, bud.. no reason to get your blood pressure up over a deal you're not even directly involved in. Myself and Chuck are clearly just stating our cases to Andy in hopes that he will review them at his will as he is the Trade Mod around here. I've said before, I appreciate you pointing out the fact that rule is there, but again.. this is just a case of the rule in the Massive Rules post should have been edited out if that was the case. It's there clear as day as a standing rule and should be brought up in this case. This trade fits that criteria. I'm not trying to give Andy a headache - just asking for further review.
Black and White. This trade shouldn't go through. It's not personal, it's just the updated rule that you can't do exactly this. If we let it slide then it opens up the same can of worms that everyone bitched about a few seasons ago and we are back to square one.
Pit
2104-2106

237-249 record

Det
2047-2103

5,268-3,807 record

43 Playoff Appearances
27 Division Titles
19 Pennants
6 World Championships  

Houston Astros
2035-2046

1133-811 record

9 Playoff Appearances
5 Division Titles
1 Pennant

(04-28-2017, 05:18 PM)Geaux Blue Wrote: Black and White. This trade shouldn't go through. It's not personal, it's just the updated rule that you can't do exactly this. If we let it slide then it opens up the same can of worms that everyone bitched about a few seasons ago and we are back to square one.

Not really. If this were to go through (which it should in the current present state), it's easy to edit the rule out of the Massive Rules after this trade if that is no longer desired to have around.
Just do the deal Tuesday night.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »