BOS - MIN
MIN gets:
Huchmala, Valerio 30 94 94 $13,100,000 5

BOS gets:
Roman, Guliano 22 SP 84 92 $47,100 Arb 74
Gardner, Joseph 29 C 83 83 $3,800,000 Arb 71
MacOwen, Mark 28 SP 88 88 $7,000,000 Arb 71
Rabbitt, Tom 23 RF 76 94 $47,100 Arb 74

Moving bodies again, we pick up a great spec in Roman, yet another DH in Rabbitt, good filler SP and good not great C. Cut a little long-term salary, get younger, the regrouping continues.
Minnesota accepts. We're okay with losing Rabbit as a prospect because we are okay with DH's right now and don't feel he will see the OF with the current ratings and our young OF. MacOwen was being shopped for pennies on the dollar. We're going to miss Roman, but we'll take the guarantee right now.
Huchmala was just signed to a 6 year extension in august last year. The standard is a full season before being traded for a contract of that length. We tried having more leniency in the past about that and it just got abused. Refer to this rule here http://www.firstclassmogul.com/showthread.php?tid=37434

Obviously that's up to Andy to enforce but just giving you guys a heads up that this trade may not happen.
Didn't know about that rule, but I would like to appeal to Andy the fact that it's only a 1 month difference in game time. I won't abuse this now that I know it is a rule, but I would like for this one to go through - if possible. Thanks for the heads up, Mike!

I would have to say this should not go through. People wanted a line to be drawn and we have to enforce it. Otherwise it was pointless to decide to have a black and white S&T rule. Intentional or not, it's the way people wanted and it protects from a player missing out on a big payday in FA. This should be a factor when handing out extensions.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Quote:Trade Mods also have the right to approve trades in which they feel intentions and trade reasoning are good and player situation justifies the move before the first year of the contract is up.

Reference - http://www.firstclassmogul.com/showthread.php?tid=1189

This is in the Massive Rules post under "Sign and Trade". Do you not feel the intentions of this trade are right or justified? Boston is fire selling and I'm building a better rotation. I feel I justified why I was trading the prospects. I'm sure Chuck's intent when resigning Huchmala was not to trade him.
as per what was said in xat. but it was getting cloggy in there. this http://www.firstclassmogul.com/showthread.php?tid=37434 trumps that. that is old language that needs updating.
(04-28-2017, 04:42 PM)mike Wrote: as per what was said in xat. but it was getting cloggy in there. this http://www.firstclassmogul.com/showthread.php?tid=37434 trumps that. that is old language that needs updating.

Sure, but how can you enforce an override if it is still there in black and white?
Mike,

Old rule or not, it's there in the rules. I didn't sign this guy to trade him. I am moving out older players because I can't win with the players I have and it's time to move some of them on. It's a good return for him and no reason I shouldn't be able to do this based on the posted, written rules. The intent was not to sign him and trade him but now we're into July and my team is not what I thought it would be, nor does it appear it will be. So there was no intent to sign and trade, this is part of my process. Whether the rule should be updated or changed, that's not my call - I go by the rules.
Why? Because it's clear as day when you go into the trade submission thread. You know that big rule that says Sign & Trade rule. And to boot you didn't even know any rule existed until I pointed them all out to you. I was trying to help give you the heads up to not be surprised if Andy puts the kobash on this, and myself and others kindly explained why this deal isn't likely happening in the xat and why such rules came into place. Now stop acting like a brat trying to argue this over petty book keeping. Everything was explained as to why there is a hard line so lets not give andy the headache trying to tip toe that line again and move on and find another pitcher for your failing season.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »