• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AIM Room or XAT?
I hate XAT.
Let the people vote.
(07-19-2010, 11:47 PM)TheLowFatJelly Wrote: I have to agree with HB on this. The Xat chat never had any problems for me, so why change what's working fine? Sure the new shoutbox does everything Xat's does. doesn't "clog" anything up, and it doesn't look hideous, so I think you're the one being biased here. Noone has messed with the names before on xat, and this league should be mature enough to not change them. now xat still has the advantage over the shoutbox with being able to see who's online.

This makes no since, how can that be us being biased - based on what you wrote in this sentence, you just said the new shoutbox was better.

I agree XAT had a few plus points, but it had many flaws, and HB the reason why that league and most leagues use XAT because there are not a lot of options out there.

I for one was experiencing a strange issue with XAT where random people would join the chat and type in anything from french to random smilies. And no one else could see this but me. I tried to contact XAT about this, but then I learned it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to contact them. They have no help system. There e-mail is down, their 'help chat' is filled with spammers, and their 'ticket' system doesn't except tickets. That pissed me off, I didn't like XAT to begin with, but I let it grow on me, but it really pissed me off the XAT had no tech support.

Like I also said with XAT, if you ever leave the page or press refresh you screw up any PC's you were having, and if you try to open up a new window to the forums, you sign off the old XAT and sign into the new XAT, and then you have to sign out of that and sign into the other one if you were in the middle of a PC.

Also, TLFJ, you haven't been around long enough obviously to notice the above issues, but we also for a time got bored and decided to change our user names when we found interesting avatars. (don't mean to call you out but pretty much everyone knows this) HB once found scotties and he pretended to be scotty just for a little bit before scotty temp. banned him. And you know what, I too was bored once, and I found Dejota's, and I decided to type in his name just for the heck of it, I told everyone it was me (which was also obvious as I was the only one with the white global mod dude/icon thing) Though Scotty didnt realize and he actually gave me the gold status until I pced him and said "dude im not dejota lol"

I do agree that I feel the new cbox does not generate as much traffic as XAT, I agree that discussions seem less and shorter, and I agree with (I think Mike's) point on XAT that the discussions there were half the fun, we are still looking at our options, but for now the chatbox is going to stay. I think an issue here is a lot of GM's don't realize waht the chatbox CAN do. No it isn't a AIM chatroom, it's a chatbox, but I think after we get use to it we will be using it much more and find a chatroom unnecessary.
I would also like to thank Donniebaseball once again for going out of his way, and spending close to an hour trying to upload that chatbox onto these forums for us. It was NOT easy at all, and I feel like his effort is going unappreciated.

Now we shouldn't be on a baseball mogul sim site arguing about some silly chatroom feature, thats bonus fluff, if we are going argue, we should be arguing about baseball.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Personally I liked it because I could tell who was online at all times. The otehr feature I was linked to only says when they were last online. I don't really want to have to download AIM just for this league and have it running all the time for that sole purpose. I know that sounds lazy but really its not. AIM would ne nice to have if everyone I knwo didn't use MSN. Chatbox is cool its not clunky like XAT but XAT still wins because I know who is online and I can instantlly talk trade with or have the fun conversations.
To me this is a non-issue.
(07-19-2010, 11:56 PM)Hummingbird Wrote: Dugout is the best league ever and they used a XAT chat box.

Please tell me this is a joke........ :s
Why the hell is this turning into a league discussion???
-DELETED- by Jordan. I said what I said. If you want to be mature and clarify yourself that would be greatly appreciated.
woww someone actually deleted my post lol ;)
(07-20-2010, 02:10 AM)Donniebaseball Wrote: woww someone actually deleted my post lol ;)

I didn't but I read it.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »