• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AIM Room or XAT?
So right now we have the XAT as a link on the announcements with the Shoutbox on the site.

Would you like me to replace the XAT with an AIM chat room?
As long as we don't have a XAT board on the site - I'm happy. That thing really bogged down some computers.
sure AIM chatroom would be a nice link to have instead of XAT, I feel like we dont need XAT - and with even the shoutbox, because it can do so much, I dont think many ppl, including myself will use XAT that much anymore.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
I like XAT better.
AIM Chatroom will be of much more use. Especially if you do your sims in a chatroom and that kind of thing. If you have it linked, people can just click it and join when it's time for sims or drafts, etc. XAT Chat would be replaced by the Shoutbox if you ask me.
I'm not sure how much I would use a AIM chatroom because it is hard for me to get on sometimes.
Either way we need a chat on the main page, having to link to it will make things seem less active. I know it's not a problem per se but I think we would all agree having a chat box on main page is nice.

I thought we moved b/c forummotion couldn't handle CB on main page and for security?
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(07-19-2010, 01:38 PM)dejota Wrote: Either way we need a chat on the main page, having to link to it will make things seem less active. I know it's not a problem per se but I think we would all agree having a chat box on main page is nice.

I thought we moved b/c forummotion couldn't handle CB on main page and for security?

Uh.. look up? There's a shoutbox at the top above the forums? ;)
Personally - I think the AIM room works better for sim chats anyway.

The XAT board is more benefitial for day to day type conversations.
I never liked the old chat, aim chat is better for live sims, and this shoutbox is useful for day to day stuff or even private messaging people if you don't like to use the inbox thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »