• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AIM Room or XAT?
I'm I the only one who liked using XAT?
Yea i think you guys seem to missin the whole thing on this shoutbox, it does everything XAT does without cloggin shit up. Hell you can even PM through it, and Private chat people. Plus it has a massive advantage of not looking hideous. You also miss the fact that you cant edit you name on here unlike XAT. Basically in this shout you are who you say you are since its integrated to the site.

DonnieB Out
I think XAT has so many advantages to the Shout box.
(07-19-2010, 05:45 PM)Donniebaseball Wrote: Yea i think you guys seem to missin the whole thing on this shoutbox, it does everything XAT does without cloggin shit up. Hell you can even PM through it, and Private chat people. Plus it has a massive advantage of not looking hideous. You also miss the fact that you cant edit you name on here unlike XAT. Basically in this shout you are who you say you are since its integrated to the site.

DonnieB Out

I completely agree. The only thing I dislike is XAT gives u a noise alert when there is a new message. This is helpful if lets say your looking at the mogul file while you have the forums minimized.

You can see more of the discussion history with this chatbox, you wont see random messages being posted forcing you to refresh like on XAT. with XAT it messes up if you have it open in two windows, that isnt the case with this. Also you never miss a personal message on this chat compared to XAT. If you refresh XAT you lose any personal discussions.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
I think XAT has some advantages because it makes a sound, it shows who's online, and you don't have to log in to use it.
(07-19-2010, 06:59 PM)Hummingbird Wrote: I think XAT has some advantages because it makes a sound, it shows who's online, and you don't have to log in to use it.

Why is it a problem to log into use it? Were you intending on not being who you say you are and pullin the wool over another gms eyes. I would like to think not, seems you are fishing for a reasons now ;)
(07-19-2010, 07:08 PM)Donniebaseball Wrote:
(07-19-2010, 06:59 PM)Hummingbird Wrote: I think XAT has some advantages because it makes a sound, it shows who's online, and you don't have to log in to use it.

Why is it a problem to log into use it? Were you intending on not being who you say you are and pullin the wool over another gms eyes. I would like to think not, seems you are fishing for a reasons now ;)

Actually ironicly, he has and he use to do that more than any other GM :blush:

Why is it a problem to log into use it? Were you intending on not being who you say you are andpullin the wool over another gms eyes. I would like to think not, seems you are fishing for a reasons now ;)

I don't even know what that means!
(07-19-2010, 07:35 PM)Hummingbird Wrote:

Why is it a problem to log into use it? Were you intending on not being who you say you are andpullin the wool over another gms eyes. I would like to think not, seems you are fishing for a reasons now ;)

I don't even know what that means!

oh, im sorry, we forgot to put it in the stupid translator for you

http://www.solvalou.com/misc_translator.php Wrote:and drawing wools above the other eyes of gms. I would like to think not, seems now fishes you for reasons

:D im just messing with you.

I have to agree with HB on this. The Xat chat never had any problems for me, so why change what's working fine? Sure the new shoutbox does everything Xat's does. doesn't "clog" anything up, and it doesn't look hideous, so I think you're the one being biased here. Noone has messed with the names before on xat, and this league should be mature enough to not change them. now xat still has the advantage over the shoutbox with being able to see who's online.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »