• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURIES...
Again Mike is 100% on.

Some of the good health guys going down are players with inflated ratings to begin with. No offense matty, but you tend to draft guys like Rivas that are all show and no dough. Those guys die quickly because they aren't very good. Like it or not, injuries are one way the league kills players that aren't as good as their rating.

Mike is right, the work it would require to "fix" this issue is beyond daunting. I could sim a million times, think I have the right setting and the next year someone could have a 2012 Dodgers and make a thread bitching about it. I'm not going to work that hard. If you don't understand how the engine works and understand how it is randomn and how you can protect yourself - I'm not going to turn this unrealistic because some people whine about it.
Quote:If you really want to get into it, we're in the year 2032 not 2012.

We have MORE injuries in 2012 than in 1972 in baseball! Again, does not compute.

Quote: Outahere from what I read does this all the time to perfect their settings and make sure that everything is in according to their likings.

And if I pick the wrong three teams and everything looks fine you won't bitch in a new thread?
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
Real talk, if andy is gonna take the time out of his life to retire Pace b/c he doesn't want his legacy tarnished by someone being a douche. Then someone needs to take the time outta their life to decide if our settings for a 2011 engine are perfect for a 2013 engine.
#Justsaying.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
Answer my last question. Because I could sim a million times for three teams and find nothing, but if I didn't study your team you'll complain. What three teams do I pick? The work for this, again, cannot be overstated. Retiring Pace is one click. Doing what you ask is literally hours of my life because of your perception.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
Not sure what the complaining in this thread is about. I have had 1 major injury and I think that guy had an 80 health or something and 1 guy who got hurt 2 or 3 separate times this year but he has a 60 something health. I think there may have been 1 year since I started that I have had more than 2 major injuries. Either I am lucky or I decided to make sure health was a priority for a lot of my drafted players. I think people need to just man up and take injuries in stride. Also its just a game we are suppose to be having fun. I get injuries can be frustrating but I would say trying to get a "sample" size for what is perceived to be an issue would be ridiculous and would take all the fun out of this game for whoever had to do that. Also can we go one season without bringing up a new rule or something that needs to be tweaked. This league has been around for a long time and if it hasn't been an issue before (sans 2 or 3 owners thinking it is) then why should it be an issue now. I feel like 99% of things that are major and need to be looked at should come up within the first 5 years or so. So let's stop bringing up things just to create controversy and have 3 owners trying to change something that most of the league doesn't feel like we need to change.
Chc

GM 2023-8/2063, 2086-
7 x division champ
1 pennant
TBR

8/2070-11/2070

NYM

2071-2079
2 x wild card game appearance

SFG

2080-2085
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »