• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURIES...
SOMETHING has got to be done about injury frequency and injury seriousness.. its absolutely ridiculous.. i'm getting sick of downloading every fucking sim and having someone with a serious injury. Something needs to change soon or i'm out..

Just this season alone:

Castanera OF - 3 months
Norris SS - 3 months
Scifo 1B - 105 Days
Gravely 3B - 8 months
Carter OF - 4 weeks
Martin SP - 2 months
Hyte RP - 2 months

I get injuries happen, and i get it happens in real life, but sorry, this is NOT realistic..
It's the transfer from BBM11 to 13. The player rating increases that resulted in the switch also triggered mogul to "balance out" the talent by causing massive drops and injuries. I'm sure everyone has their own story about a player(s) who got dropped or injured, seems like you just keep getting the brunt of it stang.
PR is right, it's the file change. I feel you Stang, in some ways I'd rather have injuries than what is happening to my team - wildly low production across the board for my star players. At least injuries would help me explain it. It's just a bitter pill about this switch we all need to swallow.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
Not to be a dick, but a pill that we need to swallow is not something i'm going to do. You can still adjust the settings and while that might not fix it completely, it would sure as hell be better than the current situation. I'm going to ride out the season and see if anything is done to help fix this, if not, not to be lame, but i'm out.. its not fun coming here to see my team with injury after injury every sim.. it gets old and unrealistic REAL fast
Injury frequency is already at -10 which means that our settings are already making less injuries than what happen in real life. Studies have been on this and it shows that Mogul actually generates a little bit less of injury days compared to real life. The file switch didnt help either which as I predicted screwed a lot of things up so people are seeing a lot of drops or injuries where as maybe in the old file would have seen a more natural regression. Changing the settings won't do anything as mogul will still have to continue killing the players somehow. After year 2 of mogul 13 everything will be back in line.

Lane Gravely has 72 health so you can't complain about that one.
Scifo 79 health
Norris has 82 health so not really the greatest.
Martin has 77 health
Hyte 77 health

A simple look at those players that were listed health ratings show that they all could have easily got injured whether it be Mogul 11 or Mogul 13, aside from Castanera who has 89 health, but random injuries do happen to even the heathiest person so one happening in a season shouldn't really come as any suprise. If these were all 90 health players getting injured then you might have a point in saying that its somehow rigged, but these players health ratings suck so its not much of a suprise. I mean I can feel your pain and switching files did not help anyone but its not really suprising that these specific players are hurt.
no offense, but that answer, has and always will be bullshit. how often to ppl actually get injured in baseball? I don't mind the frequency(I do, but this is rarely the first time Injury has been brought up in this league.) it's has been the severity for me.

But we hear this all the time, -10 maybe good for the ML, but how does it fit into the context of FCM?
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
We made the decision to switch about a month or 2 ago. Everyone in this league knew that there would be consequences with the switch, but in the long run it would benefit the league. That's the only reason I got on board, and there is a whole thread where I ask some questions to Matty and Sean about it. So now, when your players begin to take a fall off a mountain you decide to voice your displeasure about the injury frequency or switch? When was the last time these settings were changed? If it's 2032, why is this being brought up now? If you look at the entire league, injury frequency is right on par with where they would be IRL. Stang your Tigers have won 6 Division titles and are in line for a 7th, with 2 ALCS appearances, so the injuries while annoying haven't stopped your success. I would be pissed off too, but this was the leagues decision. Playing the quitting card is getting old too Stang, it isn't very mature to say hey I'm going to quit because my team isn't operating like I think it should. Now before you go on about how stupid, dumb and immature I am and how many times I've vanished, Your team is closer to super power than average, I honestly don't see a reason to be angry enough to quit.

Quote:Not to be a dick, but a pill that we need to swallow is not something i'm going to do

If the leagues best interest is not in your interest, then I don't see a reason for you to stay here.

Cdawg, how frequent are torn ACLs, Tommy John Surgeries and broken bones in baseball? Very frequent, and please don't make me list every player put on the DL for lengthy injuries this season.
I'll make this simple: Other people have studied it on the mogul forums to rebuttal these claims about injuries and they've shown Mogul is not worse than real life. If you'd like to study and show that your claims are indeed true Cdawg - I'd love to hear it. But this is a case of perception vs. reality.

As for the injuries - lowering them will not fix anything. These injuries are happening because mogul has to balance talent ratios and the way it does that is to randomnly kill players, sometimes through injuries. Mike is right about pretty much everything he said. While I feel your pain, I will simply hurt other teams badly in order to appease you. That's not fair to anyone. If I start down the slippery slope of adjusting the file every time someone feels slighted by the AI we will simply make this file god awful to the point that it's completely beyond playable. I wouldn't do that for me, I wouldn't do that for Mike, jhc, HB, or anyone else. I'm sorry it's effecting you disproportionately, but that is no one's fault and in no one's control. If I attempt to control it, I will be intentionally ruining some teams in order to make you feel better.

That is a very unfair request.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
as admins, the few of you at least have the ability to sim ahead and dictate if the settings hold true. Sim 3-5 yearsfrom now, and if...say the injury differential is small between now and then, Well then you have everyone's full support. But lets say they continue to say high(and truthfully I don't really want to go looking through and organizing injuries, length, amount etc) then tweak, and resim the 3-5 years. From the very small sampling I did, injuries seam to hover around the 50 mark the last 2 year for about 3 teams(I did myself, I think Cincy and Toronto.)

And it's been brought up, or at least complained about frequently, or as frequent as 4-5 times is. The guy who runs The Brewers for like 3 years straight complained he couldn't put a competitive team on the field b/c of how frequent the injuries are.

I personally am just on the fence, I don't care one way or the other, I have enough decent depth that unless I have multiple injuries, I'll be fine(which in this case I do, and now I feel it will probably start to hurt). But I still believe that 20 years of advancement in RL and Sim life should have a beneficial increase in player health??
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
I can't wrap my head around injuries being a product of Mogul wanting to lower the talent level. If Mogul wants to lower the talent, it's simply going to drop players. Injuries happen as a result of baseball related activities and the player's health not being good enough to keep them healthy. Health is also different on 2013. I've noticed players have gotten around a +5 boost on the transfer, so there's a little bit to the reason why certain players are seeing more injuries at what on 2011 would be good health.

With that said, injury frequency is fine. The problem may be the severity, but that's debatable.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »