• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURIES...
Quote:And it's been brought up, or at least complained about frequently, or as frequent as 4-5 times is. The guy who runs The Brewers for like 3 years straight complained he couldn't put a competitive team on the field b/c of how frequent the injuries are.

A sizable percentage of Americans believe aliens are living among us, does that make it true? It's still perception.

At the same time, a sizable percentage of Americans still believe God is real, despite evidence otherwise. But they want to keep believing they are right and that he exists (ie. or in our context, that there is not a problem with injuries). Doesnt mean he really does (or that there are no problems here).

I guess we can say it either way, doesnt mean one is right and the other is wrong.

Fact is, supposed real life data or not, a hugely disproportionate number of injuries in this league occur than other leagues. And it just keeps helping and helping the larger market teams, period.

BTW, I have been rebuilding forever which means its not like injuries have kept me from contending. I never said that. I didnt say it was unfair to me and not others. I just said it is not a fun game when you have so many injuries and not enough payroll to keep 85-90 rated players on your bench for such cases. Im sure, half of the league is in that same boat as I am.

Oh, and the injury issue has been a thing since at least 2012 game started. Its not just a 2013 game thing. Just because some had accepted it in the past doesnt make it alright.
So you want us to change to other leagues which baby their GMs by making the settings unrealistic? Again, comparing our injuries to real life shows we are actually having less serious, season-ending injuries than occurred in the real life MLB season this past year.

Your analogy sucks because the data is backwards. The evidence says our injuries are not a problem because they are not unrealistic. If you want to be babied, than ask for that. But that's not the context of these requests.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
All I know is that severity seems to be up. 7 of my players have been on the DL for 2 months or more. That's insane. Understand that the injury rating plays a part, but to me the fact remains that there just seems to be an abundance of injuries, at least on my team, of severe injuries. 5 in 2031 and 4 in 2030 and 2029. I will admit there have been repeat offenders, Whitfield has seen long injuries, Holloway and Scott Rhodes.

Again just take a look into it, if your seeing that your team is having 1 or 2 more longer injuries, its possible it's a tad high.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
Start showing guys who keep getting hurt that have good health ratings, like 85 or higher then there would be valid arguments. Strauhgt up if you have players with shitty health they will get injured and that should be expected. If anything should be changed it would maybe be raising players health if we seem to have too many guys below the norm.
Did anyone check to see if the 2012 Los Angeles Dodgers in real life requested the league to look into changing the settings to have less season ending injuries?
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
Fellas let's not be fucking retarded. On 2013 I've had a number of great health guys go down for long periods of time - off the top of my head Vernon Ramirez and Justin Columbus. Shit happens.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
(10-20-2012, 05:17 PM)mattynokes Wrote: Shit happens.

That's my motto. People complaining about stuff here just because we have the ability to change what they want, and they don't care how it will effect the rest of the league. The people calling for these setting changes are selfish, and it seems that they are not ready for the inevitable bullshit that comes with life.
shit happens when you party naked.
Los Angeles Dodgers GM
(10-20-2012, 05:19 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:
(10-20-2012, 05:17 PM)mattynokes Wrote: Shit happens.

That's my motto. People complaining about stuff here just because we have the ability to change what they want, and they don't care how it will effect the rest of the league. The people calling for these setting changes are selfish, and it seems that they are not ready for the inevitable bullshit that comes with life.

Call me a horse once and I'll punch you in the mouth.
Call me a horse twice and I'll simply correct you.
Call me a horse a third time and I should probably be looking into buying saddles.

the point is, this has been brought up NUMEROUS times. IRL there are no settings, no resims b/c 1 guy missed a DC. You simply play it out. This league twice has purposely destroyed talented players b/c they felt there was too much. and Twice it has lowered revenues b/c the felt that it was getting outta hand. So its a fact that if injuries become a problem, and hence it has been brought up that injuries have. That at the very least it needs to be looked into serious and not shot down w/ immature comments and slathering of "ur players health is low."
If you really want to get into it, we're in the year 2032 not 2012. Advancements in both the Economy and health have more than likely increased revenue across the board for the major sports as well as made injuries, and healing from those injuries...better?

With that SciFi bullshit outta the way, there are at least 3 ppl capable of simming this league into the future, not for their own benefits, but for the benefits of the league. As my suggestion is, keep an eye on 3 teams and sim a year. If there isn't a deviation from the old numbers, then quite frankly it was an anomaly, but if you sim 4 or 5 times and you continue to produce numbers that aren't the norm(the norm for Oakland be 4.33 injuries of over 2 months per season for the 3 seasons prior to the program jump), then perhaps it's time to change the setting a bit, and continue to sim a few more times. It doesn't hurt to look into it, and no one is going to melt pressing the sim a year button to check out data. Outahere from what I read does this all the time to perfect their settings and make sure that everything is in according to their likings.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
Telling you that players health being low is a huge factor into injuries isn't imature comments, its the truth. Without diving into the file a whole lot, I'd wager that too many players have low health over our settings being out of whack. You mess with things too much you get to the point where you don't need to have any depth, at least this way your team needs those depth ballplayers. Not many leagues can make that claim.

Lets assume for a second that you are right, that yes our settings are out of whack and need tweaking. You are looking at not just simming 4 or 5 times. That sample would be way to low to make any real decisions. You would have to sim at least one thousand times, and then you could make some claims and have some real data points. So you want to make them take a shitload of time out of their life just to see if we even have an issue? And then if we did they would need to make adjustments and then do another 1000 sims on those adjustments to make sure they tweaked things enough, and if they didn't then have to repeat that process until it is corrected. If you have a buddy who has no life and wants to do that work I'm sure the admins wouldnt mind passing over that work and letting someone do the testing. But if you don't I'm pretty sure they are going to say "tough titties".

You make it sound as if a huge percentage of the league thinks this is an issue. Which is false. It's the same few people who keep complaining about it, which leads me to the conclusion that they keep trading, signing and drafting players with low health which will bring the perception that they are getting hit with more than their fair share of injuries. That's the breaks. You gamble that the talent is going to be worth him not playing 162 games.

Outahear can afford to make all those adjustments because everyone can sim ahead at their own leasure and post their findings. We do not have that luxury (thank god) so its not that easy to make tweak after tweak.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »