• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yankees Vacation/news
(07-17-2012, 07:08 PM)hokeyrules Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 03:09 PM)Peter Wrote: Just what piazza needs, a huge budget to make even more ridiculous fa signings. I can't be the only person against this

Don't be an ass X 1.

Then

Piazza for accusing Matty and Andy even though Andy wasn't and Matty was probably on a fine line. Don't be an ass X 1.

I really should not have to baby sit.

so thats 2 million each.

... i appoligized for accusing andy wrongly, matty went beyond the fine line imho but w/e + i didnt even say anything for this thing to begin with dk why i'm being fined
Nyy gm
like it or not
2024-2030 braves gm
2031 as yankees gm
[Image: PiazzaBIG-100.gif]
revenge is sweet

how am i being an ass at all just because i am opposed to piazza switching teams. Piazza has clearly been no good for Atlanta and now ill be given an even larger budget to continue to commit to hackjob contracts. The stance for switching teams had always been that if you were leaving for a worse off situation to make them better it could be put under consideration and now for some reason thats being totally ignored. Im thoroughly offended that by taking this stance I am being fined thru the dont be an ass rule.
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
I think it's safe to just say.....Piazza....DON'T FUCK UP!
(07-17-2012, 09:34 PM)Peter Wrote: how am i being an ass at all just because i am opposed to piazza switching teams. Piazza has clearly been no good for Atlanta and now ill be given an even larger budget to continue to commit to hackjob contracts. The stance for switching teams had always been that if you were leaving for a worse off situation to make them better it could be put under consideration and now for some reason thats being totally ignored. Im thoroughly offended that by taking this stance I am being fined thru the dont be an ass rule.

We fine people for being ass's? When did that happen?

I think you have a valid concern Peter but in all honesty, it is going to be the same issue if he is in Atlanta or NYY, at least in NYY he will have a higher budget that could help offset some of his signings. Plus this will keep BH happy and in FCM which I would like to see. BH is a very good person to have around the league.

Sean
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
(07-22-2012, 06:42 AM)GoIrish Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 09:34 PM)Peter Wrote: how am i being an ass at all just because i am opposed to piazza switching teams. Piazza has clearly been no good for Atlanta and now ill be given an even larger budget to continue to commit to hackjob contracts. The stance for switching teams had always been that if you were leaving for a worse off situation to make them better it could be put under consideration and now for some reason thats being totally ignored. Im thoroughly offended that by taking this stance I am being fined thru the dont be an ass rule.

We fine people for being ass's? When did that happen?

I think you have a valid concern Peter but in all honesty, it is going to be the same issue if he is in Atlanta or NYY, at least in NYY he will have a higher budget that could help offset some of his signings. Plus this will keep BH happy and in FCM which I would like to see. BH is a very good person to have around the league.

Sean

Straight from the rules post.... stupid imo...

Don't Be An Ass Rule

This rule is exactly as it's described. Being an Ass includes, but is not limited to: finding loopholes in the rules and/or circumventing the intent of the rules, treating fellow GMs like crap, running your mouth in the chat, setting goofy depth charts in your .team files, etc.

Penalties can range from a stern talking to, to fines to even being fired. The intent of this rule is to play nice and have a good time. So in the spirit of continuing a really great league DON'T BE AN ASS!
I know that the rule is there to "not be an ass" but I have never seen anyone fined over it. I know I have never put a fine on someone over it.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
I have returned from my vacation out of town. I will hopefully be in the xat tomorrow to discuss all this, as everybody will have separate opinions.
Nyy GM 2024 - 2030
Atl GM 2030 - 2033
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »