• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expansion
Activity problems? I mean this thread makes this league sound more fragile than porcelain and I hear a lot of potentially bad situations but I don't see how.

The GMs who take those teams will be fine, for the sake of moving forward in the discussion if you had the faith that Scotty and I found two GMs that are solid what are the biggest reason's after that to not go forward.

Also, what GMs are so inactive we should consider replacing them? Again, I think Scotty and I have that covered 99% of the time.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I would have voted for one of the bottom 2 options if I were allowed to vote. Still waiting for someone to answer a question Chuck asked in Xat last week, "What's the benefit to the 30 current teams of expansion?"
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
(09-12-2010, 10:28 PM)ezpkns34 Wrote: I would have voted for one of the bottom 2 options if I were allowed to vote

There is a new poll thread
Voted Pissed Off, but if both expansion teams are in the same division and the expansion is passed despite most current GMs being against it, I can see myself bowing out of FCM
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
The major benefit in my opinion, which I posted earlier, is thinning out the talent pool. Combined with a drop to the 90+ overall and expansion we could dilute the talent pool while diluting the impact to the 30 teams. That's why you expand in real life and what moved my POV from neutral to being for expansion. Additionally it'd level out the divisions.

Personally I don't think any team should ever manage to field an all 90s lineup like I have managed to do no matter how good a job they do of piloting their team and I feel I may have gone a bit too far in trying to reconcile the massive retirements affecting talent levels.

In that light it's a stretch as far as how it helps each team, but as far as league health and parity I feel it does provide a benefit. Yes we could do this manually but I get enough flack about the yearly drops as is and people rebuilding have also expressed how difficult it is to rebuild. I think this would be the easiest way to level out the talents without setting back small market and rebuilding teams.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(09-12-2010, 10:36 PM)dejota Wrote: The major benefit in my opinion, which I posted earlier, is thinning out the talent pool......Personally I don't think any team should ever manage to field an all 90s lineup like I have managed to do no matter how good a job they do of piloting their team and I feel I may have gone a bit too far in trying to reconcile the massive retirements affecting talent levels.

A couple expansion teams aren't going to fix these problems.

Mogul 2011 is a piece of shit (sorry, just being frank) and the loaded teams are a reflection of having bad GMs make stupid trades with their established talent.
I vote no. Too early.
I'm still waiting to hear the benefit of expansion, other than to have other GMs to trade with. Until then I have to vote no. I think this is a good league, and having two terrible teams that will perenially be open doesn't seem to add to the league.
be open!?!?! are you kidding
I also propose that if Expansion is voted no for this year, we cannot talk of expanding till the 2020 season.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »