• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expansion
i look forward to taking over an expansion team, but, if for some reason this does not go through, i'd hop on the waiting list and wait for a regular team if necessary. do what you guys think is right for the league
(09-12-2010, 08:07 PM)Scott Wrote: I appreciate that Andy. It is indeed worded wrong.

Here's what I'm saying:

I really, REALLY want to do this, but as always I'm a team player. So if enough are you are very ticked off about it, obviously it won't fly. This place is not, nor has never been a dictatorship.

This is a really good responce from you, exp because i'm sure ur a little pissed that it seems like a lot of people are against it, because I know you yourself have wanted to do this for awhile, and obviously you did put a lot of reserach into it. This isn't sarcasm, but i'm still not changing my vote :D

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
(09-12-2010, 08:20 PM)Atlbravesfan27 Wrote: i look forward to taking over an expansion team, but, if for some reason this does not go through, i'd hop on the waiting list and wait for a regular team if necessary. do what you guys think is right for the league

Thanks for being a great guy about this situation and not getting angry that you expected a team. I personally appreciate it. If that means anything.
Please change my vote from excited to whatever the no vote is for this. I am not pissed, I don't think expansion will work with Calgary being one of the teams. I also think anyone that takes an expansion team should be in the league for at least 1 full season as an owner or co-owner of a team to ensure their stability in the league. We have seen a few different owners that were supposed to be pillars come back and last for a couple weeks and then they are gone. If that happens to an expansion team we have a real big headache on our hands.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
(09-12-2010, 08:40 PM)GoIrish Wrote: Please change my vote from excited to whatever the no vote is for this. I am not pissed, I don't think expansion will work with Calgary being one of the teams. I also think anyone that takes an expansion team should be in the league for at least 1 full season as an owner or co-owner of a team to ensure their stability in the league. We have seen a few different owners that were supposed to be pillars come back and last for a couple weeks and then they are gone. If that happens to an expansion team we have a real big headache on our hands.

yea, i'm not 'pissed' either, but I voted that as that's the only real no vote, i'll move you to that.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Can I make this clear: THE 2 GMS WE ARE HIRING SHOULD NOT BE A REASON TO BE AGAINST THIS!
(09-12-2010, 08:43 PM)Scott Wrote: Can I make this clear: THE 2 GMS WE ARE HIRING SHOULD NOT BE A REASON TO BE AGAINST THIS!

In what way? You and DJ may be very confident in the guys being brought in, but Irish is right....some kind of proof of committment or something would be nice.

The league already has several teams that are absolutely putrid and a couple more that can't keep GMs. Adding two more teams that have a high risk factor of being in that same group is very worrisome.
If this helps at all... i have been playing mogul since the very first version, back when they couldnt even use the real names of players yet. I've also been playing mogul in online leagues for about 5yrs now. I work in the baseball industry and have a very high knowledge of the game and mogul. I was asked by scott to take over an expansion team about a week or so ago. I would not take a team if i didnt have the time. i realize an expansion team is something that takes committment and i would love the challenge. While i understand everyones concerns about me as i dont know many of you, but i have played with DJ for awhile as well as Hockeyrules.. but the main thing is committment, and that i can guarantee you. I'm a very proactive gm when it comes to my teams and i just enjoy playing the game. like i said before though, whatever decision you guys make, i will support, you guys need to do whats best for the gm's currently in the league.
I can vouch for stang, I don't think I've ever even see him resign from a league he's committed to. Bubba I don't know anything about honestly.

Sean - I ran the numbers on Calgary and LV as I posted originally both post a budget of around 75M and can sustain a team I think.

I only see five reason's expansion is getting a no:
-The GMs running the team
-The cities not being able to support the teams
-Small market teams wanting to move
-We didn't get a say
-It hasn't worked in other leagues.

No offense, but I feel the only substantial argument there is it hasn't worked in other leagues, but nobody has specified as to why they feel the expansion was at the root of said failures. Scotty isn't making an executive decision on this but I can understand his frustration when every legit rebuff has been addressed by Scotty.

I don't think expansion in anyway detracts from BAL and I don't understand his drastic POV all things considered. This isn't worth getting super upset about and believe me we won't go through with this if it's that upsetting to people. But I fought Scotty privately on this for two months and I can't think of any reason against expansion that hasn't been addressed. I highly doubt expansion alone was responsible for the demise of those leagues and I feel Stang is one helluva GM that would do very well with an expansion team.

If there really is a mondo concern for the other team then let me take over the expansion team and somebody take HOU. But that's my 2 cents. If nothing else please don't questions Scotty and my commitment to the league, even if you don't agree I think we've both proven we're always trying to do what's best for the league.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I just feel we're are too young to be getting into expansion. It has never worked for a league this young. Also, if we look at the consequences, they are higher than the rewards. If BOTH the teams don't get off the ground as fast or effectively as they would need to be, then we have a team dragging it's feet, and very possibly going through GMs like water. I was just upset at the fact that I thought it was already decided that we go through with expansion without the voice of the GMs being heard. Baltimore might not be effected, but the league will. And if something goes wrong that we aren't addressing, I end up having to play MLB Dugout Hero's and watching Jersey Shore for fun instead of this. I just feel that it will be too hard a process to go through when there are teams with activity problems and we are only in our 3rd season.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »