• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expansion
I can tell you one thing, ff expansion is put into effect even if the majority of GMs vote against it, I will consider leaving. I'm just being honest. I love you Scotty and DJ and I love this league, but this is a subject that effects the GMs greatly, and we should have the final say in whether we go through or not with it. I voted indifferent but since you've concluded on it, I'm pissed off along with 4 other people. I missed the part where you said it was concluded that your expanding the first time I read the post. It's not right that you've made a decision for the whole league that effects the GMs so greatly. The league is nothing without the GMs, so why are we forced under w.e the admins say. Yes they can make certain decisions without consulting us, such as rules. But this is a matter that could put the league on floating paddle.
I'm sorry but it's just the way I feel. A decision should not have made without letting us vote on it first.
(09-12-2010, 06:37 PM)Scott Wrote:
(09-12-2010, 05:58 PM)Jordan Wrote: [quote='mav3rek' pid='4612' dateline='1284323900']
Just going from previous experience, I was in a very successful league a couple years ago. It was going into 2018 and had been going for quite a while. They decided since they were doing to good and had a huge waiting list, to expand. It ended up ruining the league. After a couple seasons, things went hay wire and 80% of the GMs that had been there 1 year or more left. Expansion, IMO, takes away from the realism. If the MLB were to expand IRL, then expand the league. It seems that you guys are trying to keep it as real as possible with the rules that are in place. I don't see any reason to expand. You have a waiting list that works. Why mess with perfection? IMO, expansion will only hurt the league.

My words exactly.

You guys honestly think FCM can be killed by expansion?

If a league that was going into it's 2018 season got destoryed, there's a good chance that our 3 season old league is in far worse a position. I propose that we wait 5 more seasons until we talk about this again. We are too young, we haven't even passed 5 seasons. How come we can't make history by just keeping a league that goes into the 2035 season and beyond? How come we must rush all of this and put into jeoprady the time and effort you and DJ have put in. It's not about making this a league the mogul world will remember. It's about making this game fun for everyone that loves mogul and fun for everyone in the league. I understand why you want to being your league to greatness scotty, but it's being rushed far to quickly.
changed mstr's vote from indefferent to pissed off as expressed on XAT to me, he can confirm that he if he wants.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
I would like it if Jordan could change my vote to "I'm going to quit". It's not because of expansion, it's because this decision was made over stepping the entire GM core. We have a right to have a say in a subject of this importance, and it's been stripped right from us. I personally believe if you want to run a successful league, you must do what is in the best interest of the GMs. The fact that you have taken this into your own hands makes me feel like I have no say in what happens in the league, even though I'm and active and great support of it. This is not fair to me, or to any of the GMs , whether they like expansion or not. You cannot just make a new rule like this and implement it without the approval of the GMs. This league has been great with the motto of democracy and the last few days that motto has been challenged. Scotty, I love you dude, and I don't want you to turn into a nazi commish like that go over there in TTM. Please reconsider, I am begging you. I don't want to leave, but I will stand by my word and what I believe is right. This certainly isn't the right thing to do.
This thread is essentially asking the GMs
But you stated that you already came to a conclusion?
If that's the case, keep my vote as pissed off Jordan.
If like 5-10 of you will quit, then obviously I won't do it
As I said before, if this decision has been made and is going into effect, I'm quitting and owuld like my vote to be changed as so. If you're asking if we want expansion, I'm just pissed.
(09-12-2010, 08:01 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote: As I said before, if this decision has been made and is going into effect, I'm quitting and owuld like my vote to be changed as so. If you're asking if we want expansion, I'm just pissed.

I changed yours to going to quit
Quite a few GMs here have expressed distaste for expansion in the league suggestions thread.

That alone is a problem, but to then post a thread that basically says "here's what we're going to do...whether you like it or not" (at least that's how it read) - is even more disconcerting.

I voted pissed off and I hope the league responds to these concerns with more openness then is sometimes the case.
I appreciate that Andy. It is indeed worded wrong.

Here's what I'm saying:

I really, REALLY want to do this, but as always I'm a team player. So if enough are you are very ticked off about it, obviously it won't fly. This place is not, nor has never been a dictatorship.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »