• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expansion
(09-12-2010, 04:57 PM)Jordan Wrote:
(09-12-2010, 04:47 PM)Scott Wrote: There is no way to place a team in the Central without hurting an existing budget

How is that so? I don't understand that? Can you explain how it wont hurt a budger in the west but it would in the central?

It has to do with existing teams in the Central and the distance between them. Also, how mogul is set up
Just going from previous experience, I was in a very successful league a couple years ago. It was going into 2018 and had been going for quite a while. They decided since they were doing to good and had a huge waiting list, to expand. It ended up ruining the league. After a couple seasons, things went hay wire and 80% of the GMs that had been there 1 year or more left. Expansion, IMO, takes away from the realism. If the MLB were to expand IRL, then expand the league. It seems that you guys are trying to keep it as real as possible with the rules that are in place. I don't see any reason to expand. You have a waiting list that works. Why mess with perfection? IMO, expansion will only hurt the league.
I like it, but I only like if I can move my team. Because I think we should worry about the teams we have currently, and ive competed every year but have a payroll issue every year. I feel this wont help at all!
(09-12-2010, 05:38 PM)mav3rek Wrote: Just going from previous experience, I was in a very successful league a couple years ago. It was going into 2018 and had been going for quite a while. They decided since they were doing to good and had a huge waiting list, to expand. It ended up ruining the league. After a couple seasons, things went hay wire and 80% of the GMs that had been there 1 year or more left. Expansion, IMO, takes away from the realism. If the MLB were to expand IRL, then expand the league. It seems that you guys are trying to keep it as real as possible with the rules that are in place. I don't see any reason to expand. You have a waiting list that works. Why mess with perfection? IMO, expansion will only hurt the league.
My words exactly.

(09-12-2010, 05:42 PM)EPIC xX Fate Xx Wrote: I like it, but I only like if I can move my team. Because I think we should worry about the teams we have currently, and ive competed every year but have a payroll issue every year. I feel this wont help at all!

I don't like this because not all small market teams can move, i'd like to move my team too, and I know the Marlins have also expressed interest.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
(09-12-2010, 05:58 PM)Jordan Wrote: [quote='mav3rek' pid='4612' dateline='1284323900']
Just going from previous experience, I was in a very successful league a couple years ago. It was going into 2018 and had been going for quite a while. They decided since they were doing to good and had a huge waiting list, to expand. It ended up ruining the league. After a couple seasons, things went hay wire and 80% of the GMs that had been there 1 year or more left. Expansion, IMO, takes away from the realism. If the MLB were to expand IRL, then expand the league. It seems that you guys are trying to keep it as real as possible with the rules that are in place. I don't see any reason to expand. You have a waiting list that works. Why mess with perfection? IMO, expansion will only hurt the league.

My words exactly.

You guys honestly think FCM can be killed by expansion?
hey guys, looks like i'll be taking the new Calgary team. Definitely looking forward to the opportunity and looking to have some fun.
Update:

The Calgary team has been named The Calgary Fire!

Colors: Orange, Black and White!
Still against it. Although I like BurnedStang
Calgary? another small market team in expansion will not work. We will have the Montreal Expos part Deux.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
(09-12-2010, 06:37 PM)Scott Wrote:
(09-12-2010, 05:58 PM)Jordan Wrote: [quote='mav3rek' pid='4612' dateline='1284323900']

My words exactly.

I'm just going off of my previous experience. I've been in an very similar situation in a different league and it worked for a couple sims, but then it was all down hill from there. I for one am against it. I won't quit or anything silly like that, but I'm just sharing my thoughts.

You guys honestly think FCM can be killed by expansion?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »