• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DET - WAS
Veto

You say you want to cut payroll, but this deal doesn't cut payroll at all. Detroit gives up the best and 3rd best player in this deal while the best player Detroit gets is going to need re-signed, likely through Boras, after the season.

In addition to assessing player value Detroit needs to figure a plan of action. Half-assed trying to compete isn't going to cut it. That's only going to led to financial problems. You might think it's unfair for the mods to play armchair GM, but Detroit's situation could be ugly fast. If you want to rebuild and trade away the older, higher salary guys -- go for it! But if you're going to move the younger players that aren't going to be making too terribly much for the near future these deals are going to come under a great deal of scrutiny.

It's nothing against you, Strat. We allowed a controversial trade to go through while Detroit was open and the mods know how fragile Detroit is right now. Without a plan of action (like are you aware of the Agent process we have?) dealing away a player like Macies for a main piece like Hardigg could spell disaster. If thing do go wrong Detroit could wind up losing Hardigg, Wood, Arnold, and any other player that is free agency eligible.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
veto. i think the best plan of action is to keep Macies imo, rebuilding or not. he should not be moved, especially with wood.
That's fine, can you move this thread to the trades rejected.
I want to talk to Detroit more. The snowball of bad moves concern is a legit one. I really don't see how this move helps immediately, the near future, or the distant future. I'd make the case Detroit is worse in all three considerations. Especially in light of Macies' value.

I really appreciate and love what you're trying to do here Killa, I think it's awesome and I think with a veteran GM this would be a done deal. But moments after we vetoed an awful deal with Pitt, Strat was asking for spare pieces to help boost his team and then wham, this trade.

It just doesn't speak to a well thought-out plan. That's worrisome. I personally feel I can't vote until I hear what the idea is.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
(02-16-2012, 02:51 AM)AndyP Wrote: I want to talk to Detroit more. The snowball of bad moves concern is a legit one. I really don't see how this move helps immediately, the near future, or the distant future. I'd make the case Detroit is worse in all three considerations. Especially in light of Macies' value.

I really appreciate and love what you're trying to do here Killa, I think it's awesome and I think with a veteran GM this would be a done deal. But moments after we vetoed an awful deal with Pitt, Strat was asking for spare pieces to help boost his team and then wham, this trade.

It just doesn't speak to a well thought-out plan. That's worrisome. I personally feel I can't vote until I hear what the idea is.

Its cause I'm here to have fun and vetoing is just part of the game. Nothing to get really upset about.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »