• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expansion
Vancouver would go to the NL West, Vegas to the AL West and MIL(Hopefully) would jump over to the AL Central
:min2: GM
As for the stadiums, here would be my suggestion:
- Give the GMs a certain amount of $ to build a stadium with (would suggest somewhere between $400-450M)
- The GMs give us their proposed stadium layout (dimensions, capacity, etc)
- Any other GMs with a problem with the stadium build can espouse them
- Problems can be addressed and stadiums approved well ahead of time

As for nicknames, you could do something similar where you let the 2 GMs narrow it down to like 3-4 options they like & the league can vote for the 2 nicknames they like best for the new teams

Just some ideas
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
^^ GREAT SUGGESTION. Both suggestions approved and will be included in the formal proposal.

Also one city we haven't considered is Mexico City. Just tossing that city into the hat.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(11-27-2010, 05:28 PM)dejota Wrote: ^^ GREAT SUGGESTION. Both suggestions approved and will be included in the formal proposal.

Also one city we haven't considered is Mexico City. Just tossing that city into the hat.

I just looked at Mexico City, and the budget isn't near what Vancouver and Vegas are... Mexico topped out at about 50M
(11-27-2010, 11:42 AM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:
(11-27-2010, 07:03 AM)mike Wrote: May I point out that we have gone through a few gm's this season for lack of activity, however I'm just stating that to get that part out of the way.

If in theory expansion got passed I figure get 2 cities that would support a 100mil budget for spending on players and at least 15th ranked in expenses so about 20mil on each there. So find places that can afford 140mil budget total. This way we don't add to the small budget teams and we don't add any potential power house teams either.

I do believe that our core is strong enough to get past it. In theory, with 2 established GMs taking the expanding team, they're leaving teams that are in the right path behind, and I'm sure we'll be able to find a way to get a GM to take the Tigers or Astros. Hell, I'm not opposed to taking one of the two for the sake of the league. I'd be up for taking the Tigers most of all because I would not want to be managing in DJ's shadow :P.

There is one thing to be said however. I believe I might have jumped the gun by saying the Tigers would be available, Stang hasn't yet given his take on whether he'd be fine leaving the Tigers for an expansion team, so I think it's safe to wait until he comments, even though I'm the only one that even put the Tigers name out there lol. When it comes to realignment I have a couple of ideas as well.

My thinking is that while indeed those teams are on the right path and the expansion teams would have solid gm's; I think that it would be better to take said solid gm's and give them a team when one opens up. Then when the league is full or 90% full of solid gm's then open the door to expansion, or at least go a full season without anyone leaving due to poor activity. I like the suggestions so far though, I just don't see the need for expansion.
Out of curiosity, in a strong league like FCM what percentage of GMs would you expect to be considered solid GMs. I mean life has ebbs and flows meaning at least 2 or 3 GMs are at risk of life cropping up at any given moment. So even in a perfect or ideal scenario I'd imagine 25-27 solid GMs would be about max.

I could be waaaay off base here so what do you guys think?
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I will be vegas?
(11-27-2010, 06:14 PM)hokeyrules Wrote: I will be vegas?

Its stang and DJ
Interesting. I just looked at Portland, OR and it looks like they are the best option
(11-27-2010, 06:42 PM)Scott Wrote: Interesting. I just looked at Portland, OR and it looks like they are the best option

So Portland and Vegas?

There is the option to move Milwaukee to the AL Central, Expansion in the AL West, Expansion in the NL West and then offer someone like Colorado to move to the Central. Just an idea.

Should either Stang or DJ prefer to stay put, I'd love the challenge of an expansion team.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »