• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player to be named later
I think we should start allowing player to be named later exceptions into deals. One of the big reasons we didnt have it before is because it would be hard to track. With contracts we already have player options and incentives that we track so I don't think it would be too much extra work to have the player to be named later trades.
I'm not going to give anything constructive here:

No. Please no.
why? its not any more work with player incentives and we allow that. Here is a perfectly legit scenario for a PTBNL

well say u were intersted in 2 specs off my team but I was willing to only part with one of them. We could come to an agreement saying something like u trade me Player X for a player to be named later, These r the 2 players that could go, Plyer A and Player B, if player A jumps more than player B then corey gets player A or vice versa. This trade must be completeed by such and such date
what about GMs that leave after trading so many "ptbnl"?
I could ask the same question about what happens when a gm that has signed a player with an agent that had performance incentives or what not. If we allow that, then i dont see why we couldnt allow this. Its not like PTBNL trades happen all the time anyway so there wouldnt be much fear in having a gm make a million trades liek that and then leave.
(04-20-2011, 11:41 PM)AndyP Wrote: I'm not going to give anything constructive here:

No. Please no.
x2
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
it's hard to say that ptbl trades won't happen all the time, just depends on the GM.

i dunno, it's a nice attempt mike - but i don't think it's realistically going to happen. for me, i'd be indifferent, but it's ultimately up the mods and the league.
(04-21-2011, 11:09 AM)danpac47 Wrote: it's hard to say that ptbl trades won't happen all the time, just depends on the GM.

i dunno, it's a nice attempt mike - but i don't think it's realistically going to happen. for me, i'd be indifferent, but it's ultimately up the mods and the league.

I agree 100% to this.

I'm not against the idea, but personally I'd probably never do any PTBNL deals. That said I don't really care if other were to want to do them.
eh, i could go either way, but i see alot of arguments over which player is the PTBNL in the future... i think alot of butts will get hurt over this... like i said, i'd go either way, but i'd lean more to no on this
PTBNL are in real life, players that really don't matter(or in a certain case, 2 or 3 guys you can't choose 1) and are usually figured out in a few days or so to get the deal done w/ the more important players/aspects of the deal. The problem w/ mogul is we sim and deal on an everyday basis and the guy you couldn't choose in sim 1, could either jump or dive in sim 2 making him worth(less) in some aspects.

I will say that it COULD be allowed at a live event such as the draft when deals are trying to get done quickly and you can just say something like A trades pick for B's player 1 and ptbnl(and list the 2 or more guys you can't decide on). But any other time would be an issue b/c we aren't always on at the same time and for the most part we get that "ptbnl" into the deal anyway. so it's really not something that needs to be in the league.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »