• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Push Back Trade Deadline, Remove Waivers!
007, if you are trading for a 1 month rental (and however far you make playoffs that year if you even make it) you have to realize that the demand would need to be low for the team trading the player. in most cases, folks even that's out of it would rather just hang onto the player than take a mehhh spec. and i don't see many giving up an actual solid spec for a 1 month rental. and as matty said, for some of the better rentals, teams will just choose to extend them or offer them comp.

i've had teams be completely unreasonable in trades where they had a peaked player in his FA year in AAA in July (he wasn't hurt either, he was there cause he wasn't good enough to make their bullpen, and was in AAA that year for 95% of that season) and that team asked for a legit spec (who is now a good looking 90+ peak spec for me) back and that team wouldn't negotiate at all. so i said screw it and moved on. that gm isn't here anymore, but there aren't going to be gm's lining up to just give you a solid talent that could help you a good bit rest of year and potentially playoffs without getting a pretty solid spec back, and a 1 month rental would be a huge price to pay.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »