Brewers 5th round pick
Brewers 6th round pick
Brian Crowley SP 27 $2.8 million Arb '49 84 overall
Leon Montilliano LF 24 $500k Arb '51 86 overall
Denny Evans SP 18 $47,100 Arb '51 52/83

Brewers gets:

Samuel Harwell SP 25 $8 million Arb '49 90 overall
Brian Brankin RF 25 $3.5 million Arb '49 85 overall

I accept. i give up a lot, and hated giving up that early 1st rounder, but gotta take chances sometimes. crowley will replace harwell in rangers rotation and back when he was starting he was putting up just as good of numbers as harwell has last two years and i like him a good bit. Montilliano is a valuable switch hitter and dirt cheap, i think he will rank in texas and evans was a guy i tried my best to keep out of the deal, but to no prevail, he is a lot better than his peak indicates. i think he's gonna be really nice in the future, but gotta give to get.

brankin is solid, prolly platoon him or something. i've liked harwell for awhile now, but his health does scare me and his last two years he hasn't pitched like his vitals indicates, so i'm taking a huge risk and hoping he can pitch solid, if not, this trade will backfire in my face. sometimes gotta take risks though. good trade for both teams.

Rangers accept.

Harwell was an experiment which did not pan out. He needs to be in a more pitcher-friendly park. Brankin did well for us and think he will do well for the Brewers.

We get back into the first round and picked up 3 other selections in this next draft. We are happy to get Montilliano back as we we're having good success with switch-hitters and we have liked Crowley for awhile now. We understand he had to close last season in Milwaukee and he won't be doing that in Texas. We are also very interested in seeing what Evans becomes.
approve
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »