• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Mod Suggestion
As a new trade mod I'd like to bring up a couple of things that have long been my thoughts.

1. Trades when all parties involved are trade mods are automatically approved

Now someone might jump and say trade mods shouldn't receive special privileges. However, if they're a trade mod then they've obviously shown that they have the Mogul knowledge to not get ripped off. They also should have the integrity to not try to fleece other trade mod. With this I would say it's more than fair to fine trade mods (cash or picks) to the degree in which they attempted to fleece another trade mod.

2. Any GM can post their displeasure with a trade as long as they're not personal attacking anyone involved

Even though rules said not to, before I become a trade mod, I'd still post my thoughts if I thought a deal was bad enough. This doesn't happen often and I think the trade mods can do a fine job, but at times I know it can get into a "stamp of approval" frenzy and a bad deal might slip through. As with suggestion number one, I think any GM personally attacking another GM (i.e. calling them an idiot for a trade) would be subject to fines (again, cash or picks).

3. We have other suggestions that need your opinion! If you like them, post your support! If you don't like them, post why you don't think they're good! I've been personally told by people that they like my suggestions and even though I made it clear I don't support Hokey's suggestions, they're still worthy of discussion.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
1. I think there should be reserve mods instead that come in and deny or aprove the trade if such a trade happens. As i doubt any mod would do this but they could potentially collude or somehow fleece the other, and all a fine does is leave the issiue up to subjectivity by one person.

2. Thats all fine and dandy but chances ar ethey will be called an idiot in the chatbox anyway by someone.
1. Hasn't been an issue, so I don't see the need to fix what ain't broke.

2. I don't have a problem with people posting, the problem is that when too many people are posting it detracts from what should be happening - mods grilling GMs on their decisions.

Quite frankly, other than people trying to subvert NTCs and poor decisions by new GMs, mods have approved virtually everything. What we really need is for our current mods to do their job to prevent the next Philadelphia and for new GMs to expect scrutiny of their moves. Everyone else should just mind their own business and trust the mods to do this. The problem is, we haven't had mods standing up for that for fear of the usual gaggle of dissenters badgering them relentlessly when they do.

So please, everyone, get over the fact that mods will question deals with new GMs. And mods - do your job to protect the future of the league and all the hard work we put into it.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
i find this whole trade mod thing already an issue, vetoing every new gms deal for the sake of them being new and have pre-judgements already on them is retarted for any league a new gm should be watched but not hovered over like a mother does to her 3 year old child i think we can make valid decisions of our own without too much hovering if the gm understands whats going on than whether the gm is new or not shouldn't make a diffrence follow the deals make sure they won't hurt the league that's what a mods job is for not to make sure every deal is perfect
(11-22-2011, 03:21 PM)piazza31 Wrote: i find this whole trade mod thing already an issue, vetoing every new gms deal for the sake of them being new and have pre-judgements already on them is retarted for any league a new gm should be watched but not hovered over like a mother does to her 3 year old child i think we can make valid decisions of our own without too much hovering if the gm understands whats going on than whether the gm is new or not shouldn't make a diffrence follow the deals make sure they won't hurt the league that's what a mods job is for not to make sure every deal is perfect

first off, please use periods when typing. It would save me time trying to comprehend one big run-on sentence...anyhow... As a trade mod myself, i understand not every trade will be perfectly even. Its rare that its ever even. I think you have gotten a bit of scrutiny from trade mods b/c, A. you are new, and regardless of what you say or think, its very common for a new GM to enter a league, "rebuild" a team that didnt have to be, and then leave soon after and leave the team in shabbles, and B. Quite frankly, i've been a bit critical of your deals as well and at times baffled by your trades.

Our job is to protect the league from collusion, protect new GM's from ruining a team and leaving, understanding the value of the league i.e. draft pick value, prospect value, star value etc etc etc..

Do i judge a new gm's trade more than established members? absolutely i do. And no offense, but i know nothing about you or your abilities or your reputation across mogul. For all i know, you could be a league jumper and get bored easily and leave at the drop of a hat, so when you come in and start making deals that are in question, of course i'm going to question your longterm plans here. Maybe you fully intend to be here for the long haul, and i hope you are, but until you are an established member in this league, trade mods have every right to scrutinize your deals much more than others.

To me, your post just proves to me that you still have not got the grasp of things, which is completely fine. I dont expect a new member to join an established league and pick it up like you've been here the whole time. But i do expect for the new GM to take his time and evaluate the league and evaluate the market before jumping right in and then claiming you understand when its clear you dont...i hope you are here for the longhaul, I love your activity, i love that you are involved and are hopefully having fun, afterall thats what its about..but please, dont come in and criticize and be up in arms when YOU are the new one..not us...you arent the first to be "hovered over", and you certainly wont be the last.. deal with it, take your lumps, learn the league, have fun...
When it comes to new GMs in a league, It's absolutely neccessary for their deals to be looked at closely. Earlier in the year when Chemo had his league, a new GM for...LAD I believe, came in during FA, signed like 6 guys for 50M total, ran the team for another 3 weeks and b/c he was over budget by 35M w/ no money, was forced to sell short and even still was making silly silly trades. Kershaw for nobody. Kemp for nobody, had a 2B being paid 10M that no one wanted for more than 2M, a 41 year RP old for 6M(no one wanted him).

Not saying this is what is going to happen but, live braves said for the health of the league and team they gotta look at the trades w/ a bit more scrutiny. Texas I think has gone through it's 2nd GM already in 1 season(Low fat jelly left Philly and was allowed to come back for texas... didn't do a whole lot for them either)

Anyway I"m on reserved about #1 not that I think you guys will collude, but instant approval among trade mods is alot of power going unchecked. I'm a fan of #2 If trade modes post trade or veto in Bold their message gets through, through the mess on some of the trades(lol in MoGen a few of us commented on Daddiesangel calling Jennings a stud when his stats are mediocre at best. BUT we can't comment it where everyone will see it b/c we aren't allowed to commenting in the thread.) as long as GM's aren't attacking other GM's and giving civil criticism I don't see a problem.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »