• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea?
So here are some ideas I wanted to throw out. First off thought if you have not looked at Matty's thread, look now. Voice your opinion. Click Here

Now here are two thoughts I had based on the new changes to MLB

1. [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSWX4dh_-uEZkmTL8Widk...1Q4_1tdGK3]

Can we do something about relocation? This idea here is more or less a selfish one, because I would like the idea of a name change, new stadium, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlins_Ballpark

2. Hou to AL.

3. I really wish we could expand playoffs, but the only way I know of to do that is in Mogul 2012, so apparently Mogul 11 does not even allow one more wild card team.
1. getting a new stadium for free would be a huge advantage hokes, if you have the cash to dish for a stadium then fine because its not like the real marlins didnt have to pay anything

the wiki states the marlins team expense on the project was 155 mil, so i think it would only be fair to the teams of the league for you to come up with that to build the stadium

2. This would be up to DJ if he wanted to move

3. This kind of ties in with two, it would be up to DJ if he would want to go to the AL west but we wouldn't be able to replicate a 10 playoff team format in 11...is there a way in BM12 because i def would be interested in that.

World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
We should just move to BM2012 and everyone gets a clean slate!!
1. I'm pretty against GMs being able to move teams freely. I think once teams are moved it starts hurting the chances of getting new members since they don't have that connection with having the real team name. However, in the case Hokey (or anyone else with a realistic move proposition) I'd be willing to hear ideas. Like Peter said, a scott-free move would be a huge advantage to Hokey. In Hokey's case, I don't think he would have to pay $155M though. Mogul cash is nothing like real cash. Teams start out at, what, $10M in-game cash? We all know a real owner has more cash that than if his team would fall below the red line. I would think something like 2/3 or 3/4 of the real projected cost would be sufficient.

2. Puke! I hate what Bud Selig is doing to baseball. People are already over the novelty of interleague, so he's gonna make it happen more often? Plus I think for our case, I'm not sure if 2011 is equipped for this. In an old league where teams were allowed to propose league changes, this destroyed the schedule to the point where you'd have 1-game series, routinely having 20+ straight games, and randomly 2 or 3 days off in a row.

3. Another one that I hate. Look back at 2001. Oakland actually had the 2nd best record in the AL and were 17 games ahead of Minnesota, who was the #2 WC team. Under the new rules the AL could've been without a 100 win team in the playoffs all over 1 stupid game?
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Okay, like I said 1 was selfish just wanted to see ideas of what could be done. Doesn't even have to be done. Moving to mogul 2012 is not an option it will mess up the file. Plus I think 15 teams in each conference will actually mess up the schedule.
Here would be my official suggestion if DJ would seriously consider moving the stros to the AL west

The scheduling would be an issue so an expansion team would need to be added to each league. I would suggest the Montreal Expos be added to the NL east and the Vancouver Canadians added to the AL west with these teams making realistic stadium accommodations based on the year 2024.

Another option along with this potential expansion would be to also lower the talent percentages once again because with the talent being dispersed per team better through this movement we could then lower talent with the effects affecting each individual team less.

figured i would throw it out there

ps this is the canadians
http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=s...frsg27nfmx
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »