• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Deadline 2010
Personally, I love this time of year. I'm a huge trade geek.

Who/What do you want your favorite team to get?

Also, I'll add some rumors and crap here as we get closer to the deadline
Me too I refresh mlbtraderumors.com once every 20 minutes at minimum.

What's surprising me the most this year is the general prissy attitude GMs are putting out there. Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too by requesting salary relief and not wanting to part with their top talent. Roy Oswalt is 32 and made 30 starts minimum for the past 6 years (tossing 208+ innings during that span) yet everyone's acting like Danny Haren is suddenly on his level. Or, until yesterday, I kept hearing this garbage about there not being a true ace to be had...

Or with Berkman, who'll fetch Type-A compensation this offseason, Houston is expected to eat half his salary and take mediocre prospects in return when they could pick from a much broader and more talented draft class if they simply let him walk.

I think as long as that type of attitude continues everybody will keep spinning their tires and very few deals will get done. I'm hoping it's mostly posturing but I follow the trade market incredibly close all year and it really seems to me that many GM's butts are puckered particularly tight this year.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Wait til the 28th-31st. The owners will pressure the GMs... Happens every year.

Also, I check MLBTR, but Twitter is where it's at these days :D
I hope Jake Westbrook gets traded...the tribe needs guys like Carrasco up.
Well, im a Yankees fan, and a real one too, not a silly bandwagon fan. I think most people know that I was against Lee going to the Yankees. I've seen the Yankees give up too many prospects for guys that underperform. I was pissed the day I heard we got Granderson for Austin Jackson, and then the Lee for Montero, that would of made me even more angry. We don't need these stars to win, we have enough and the young rookies can fill the rest. The Yankees can have a good farm system, they grown a lot of their own guys in Jeter, Posada, Pettitte, Cano, Chamberlain, Hughes, Melky ect it's do-able.

If the Yankees decide to make any deal, i'd like to see then acquire a underrated SP. Not really sure who, but please noooo Oswalt or Haren. Thankfuly Cashman already said he wasn't planning on making a big move after Lee went to Texas. Thank God.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
LOL! "please nooooo Oswalt and Haren?"

Just b/c it would likely cost Montero (which Cashman has said Lee was the only talent he'd give up Montero for)? Because aside from Meyers there aren't any "underrated" pitchers available. Maybe Maholm or Lilly (who I feel are rated as exactly what they are 4.00-4.50ERA 10-15 wins depending on offense and luck) but neither are an upgrade to Vasquez or even a faltering AJ.

MLBtraderumors.com post twitter updates so I don't miss it by much. And I hope you're right about the deadline putting a poker to their backside but as long as people keeping expecting crap like the Berkman expectations I don't think much will get done.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Oh and FWIW, I think all the "Dunn isn't going anywhere" crap is just that... crap. There's no way that they won't deal him if they can't get an extension hammered out. The package they would get in a trade would be wayyy better than the 2 comp. picks they'll get when he bolts this offseason.
Boston is gonna pick someone up, I know they will and it worries me. They are gonna get Jayson Werth.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
I doubt Boston will do any deals
Well for the Jays

Downs, Bautista and maybe Frasor will be traded, that is my opinion.

As for hopefuls to be traded,

Encarnacion, Overbay, Gregg, and Wells. For any of these players, I think if a team offered the Jays a decent offer, they would jump on it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »