• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with all of the resims?
First off, I haven't downloaded the resim file or the original. I don't know how I did either way. This isn't about MY team, I'm not a selfish moguler that only cares about their own team, like some in the mogul world(don't comment on this part, I don't actually mean anyone in particular, but lets face it, people are selfish lol). My point right now is, I see every year I have been here seemingly like 1-2 resims per year. I know one time last mogul year sean had to go back and fix things, that wasn't his fault or nothing, so I AM NOT talking about that one. But can whoever that is doing the sims for now on please take more time and make sure you have everything inputted, so that this type of thing doesn't keep happening? It wouldn't bother me if you have to do the offline sim the next day as long as you make 100% sure everything is done correctly.

All that I ask is that the simmers take more time and making sure they have all the files. If you want to sim at 9:00 ET, make a rule where DC's have to be in by 8:00 ET, and if it isn't in on time and you sim and miss the file, then oh well. Hell same with trades, make sure they are in by a certain time as well, all transactions in by so and so time. There just shouldn't be any needs for resims unless something is wrong with file like sean had to fix last mogul year. Other than that, there should be no need in resims. Resims are just bad for leagues. Simmers need to make sure they take more time, and making sure everything is inputted correctly.

I know this is another Rocky complaint, yep more in the past few weeks than it was the months previously combined that I have been here. I feel like more things are happening that warrant complaints. Maybe I am the only person that feels this way(probably am), things just aren't sitting well with me. I'm just not having nearly as much fun, even though my team has been much better than the rebuilding years I went through. You guys can do whatever though, probably will be too little too late even if you do decide to fix things. Damage has already been done, and not likely to be repaired anyway. All that I am doing is trying to help better the league(in necessary changes) and help with improvements(no resims), but I'm just a GM, so my voice seems to be pretty worthless or at least that's how I feel...
I think theres been 5 total resims in this league. It is quite easy to miss a second post, because when downloading rosters you usually only look at the top post with the file.

Resims are really only done when it affects a team heavily, such as an entire roster, if it was to be one minor switch I am pretty sure it would not happen.
we have had 5 resims in 14 seasons, I really do not think this is a major issue. Last season, I had to do a re-sim because of a mistake with a draft file. Mistakes happen and we are doing our best to fix those mistakes when we see them. You are acting like this is something that happens on a constant basis and your message is a bit condescending. I don't understand your need to talk down to the people that are trying to make this league fun and fair with our free time, we are not paid for this, we do not get something special.

Your last statement of being just a "gm" is utter horseshit, you are trying to play this off that the admins here do not listen to others. Since day 1 in this league DJ has listened to the owners of this league and made changes to fit what the majority has wanted. I think this lashing out with this post all stems from you and DJ bumping heads in that other thread where you feel like your opinion was slighted because DJ did not agree with you. I think you need to get off your high horse and realize this is just a flipping game and not always will everyone agree. Whatever the case is this drama from you has to stop.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
(10-15-2011, 12:51 PM)GoIrish Wrote: we have had 5 resims in 14 seasons, I really do not think this is a major issue. Last season, I had to do a re-sim because of a mistake with a draft file. Mistakes happen and we are doing our best to fix those mistakes when we see them. You are acting like this is something that happens on a constant basis and your message is a bit condescending. I don't understand your need to talk down to the people that are trying to make this league fun and fair with our free time, we are not paid for this, we do not get something special.

Your last statement of being just a "gm" is utter horseshit, you are trying to play this off that the admins here do not listen to others. Since day 1 in this league DJ has listened to the owners of this league and made changes to fit what the majority has wanted. I think this lashing out with this post all stems from you and DJ bumping heads in that other thread where you feel like your opinion was slighted because DJ did not agree with you. I think you need to get off your high horse and realize this is just a flipping game and not always will everyone agree. Whatever the case is this drama from you has to stop.

I know this is just a game and nobody gets paid for it and I appreciate the effort from you guys. If there has been just 5 resims then they have all or almost all been since I been here...I just brought up a suggestion so that resims don't have to be done because of an error, I even said sim the next day if you have to, just don't rush through it. I even said I wasn't counting your resim Sean, cause I knew you had to do it, that was perfectly fine. I guess you guys don't want my damn suggestions anymore which is fine.

What all has DJ changed since I have been here that others wanted? I can think of 1 which is the entire contract buyouts instead of half that mogul asks for. Not a bad change, but not like it was something that I would complain about if it wasn't changed, you change this but not much more pressing issues? Nice, very nice indeed. Obviously you don't make a change every single freaking time someone has a suggestion, just the most pressing needs. It isn't a ton, but is a few.

Of course everyone can't agree, I don't expect that. And me and DJ won't agree much anyway, especially a damn Houston Astros fan telling me, all other Braves fans, AND Braves General Manager Frank Wren that we are ALL wrong about what doomed the Braves down the stretch. Obviously DJ knows all and telling us that we are wrong. Of course though, who wouldn't listen to the advice of a Houston Astros fan that prolly didn't watch many Braves games this year, but oh he has enough knowledge to tell us all that we are wrong on how we ended up not making playoffs.

It's not really drama from me, I just wanted the league to help fix key areas and stuff, and league would rather to tell me to fuck off. Ok, well I will officially fuck off, and resign from the league right now. This is my resignation post, you don't have to hear my drama anymore. Braves are in damn good shape, shouldn't be hard at all to replace me, prolly able to get a good GM in no time. Adios.
No one wants you to quit Rocky. Especially not me.
rocky are serious??? this is the type of drama that is not needed.. rocky, please stop being a girl and get back to running your braves.. thanks..
Rocky up until our discussion about the Braves you were a pleasure. This is sports, half of what I said at the time was just meant to incite, we all do it in the cbox all the time. It seems to me almost everything stems from this. I apologize if what I said was out of line but like I said this is something we all do as sports fans. I hope you can see past me tactlessly hb-ing you one day and put this beef to rest.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Its all really from not changing things that he wants changed, is what it really looks like. Hope he comes back though.
He'll be back. Everyone always comes back...plus his team is in ripe condition to start ballin' on other teams.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »