• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modding
All of that is not needed in my opinion
(09-14-2011, 11:41 AM)Atlbravesfan27 Wrote: All of that is not needed in my opinion

agreed
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
hell no hokey, that is fucking stupid. No reason for myself to play in a league that has that rule in place, I might as well take my things and say adios, cause thats just dumb and I won't play in a league that stupid.
agree. i don't see a problem. if we have mods, then let them do their job. if not, then let all trades go through.
Not of a fan on penalizing teams for bad trades in principal. Nobody actively seeks out to destroy franchises/leagues but it's potential pitfall for every league.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I agree with DJ on this, does not make sense because part of human nature is to get the best deal possible. I have over-paid on some deals when I feel I need something and I have made others pay more than what they were willing to pay for trades. You cannot fault someone for trying to get the best deal that they can. All we can do is watch the new owners and make sure they have a clue in how to deal, which is why we have trade mods.

Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
(09-14-2011, 06:10 PM)GoIrish Wrote: I agree with DJ on this, does not make sense because part of human nature is to get the best deal possible. I have over-paid on some deals when I feel I need something and I have made others pay more than what they were willing to pay for trades. You cannot fault someone for trying to get the best deal that they can. All we can do is watch the new owners and make sure they have a clue in how to deal, which is why we have trade mods.

Which is also the source of most trade vetos.

The only other time trade vetos become an issue is when we have GMs that try to circumvent NTCs and generally be an ass about how they treat their players. (Which would have much more dramatic effects in real life)

I honestly think it's laughable that we're even discussing this.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
(09-14-2011, 06:10 PM)GoIrish Wrote: I agree with DJ on this, does not make sense because part of human nature is to get the best deal possible. I have over-paid on some deals when I feel I need something and I have made others pay more than what they were willing to pay for trades. You cannot fault someone for trying to get the best deal that they can. All we can do is watch the new owners and make sure they have a clue in how to deal, which is why we have trade mods.

Well, I too agree you shouldnt penalize the team trying to get the best deal they can. The only time I see penalizing a GM is if they continually agree to trades where they dont get near as much for their player as they should be getting. That is the kind of GM that is hurting his team and hurting the league. The GM trying to get the best for his team should not be blamed. Do you expect a GM to say no to a deal that he is offered just because his team is getting helped out too much?? Of course not. Its the bad GMs that you need to penalize and eventually get rid of for not being good enough, if they make a habit of the bad trades.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »