Cory Matteson 70/85
Bruce Kelley 63/86
Rusty Flemming 60/88
Tex 2nd round pick
Tex 3rd round pick
Tex 4th round pick
Tex 5th round pick
Tex 6th round pick

I accept. Obviously, I'm rebuilding, and need players. Cobb has potential to rake, and Woodyard is raking, and will be a great MLB hitter. However, I'm getting some much needed pitching help, and some draft picks to really leave a mark on this franchise.
(09-05-2011, 01:07 AM)dlee2499 Wrote: Tex receives:
3B Ted Cobb 83
LF Paul Woodyard 78/82

Phi recieves:
Cory Matteson 70/85
Bruce Kelley 63/86
Rusty Flemming 60/88
Tex 2nd round pick
Tex 3rd round pick
Tex 4th round pick
Tex 5th round pick
Tex 6th round pick
Tex 7th round pick

I accept. Obviously, I'm rebuilding, and need players. Cobb has potential to rake, and Woodyard is raking, and will be a great MLB hitter. However, I'm getting some much needed pitching help, and some draft picks to really leave a mark on this franchise.

Texas agrees.

We just lost our LFer for a year and Woodyard plays great defense and can leadoff. We need a leadoff hitter. Cobb adds another bat and better defense then we have at 3rd base.
The pitchers are minor leaguers and we are very deep in the minors with pitching. While I hate to trade that many (not really) picks, I feel we are deep througout our minor leage system and one year of missing this many picks wont set us back at all. In fact getting 2 players that are 24 and have great bats that can play defense made this a deal, one we couldnt turn down.
hate to do this to ya guys, but my vote is Veto...
veto the shit out of this trade. why would you trade 5 picks and three spects for two mediocre guys? Don't mean to come off harshly but damn that's a lot of stuff for those two guys.
Well, lets see. I get a 3B with VG defense. Who can hit. I get a LFer who can hit in the leadoff spot (which i dont have). Who plays very good defense. I just lost my only viable LFer for 309 days. So i upgrade 2 positions that are weak.
I have a crap load of pitching prospects, so I was dealing from a strength. In fact, a bloated strength.
As for the DPs, my minor league system is pretty stocked right now. I kept my #3 and the rest would have been redundant.

Trying to win the division or watching 5 minor league guys develop for 4 or 5 seasons where they may never see the major leagues in Texas. Hmmmm, what should I do?
Well, some guys who value things differently then I do have decided that this is a bad trade. Where I felt this was a good trade. So, the trade gets denied. Texas falls back into the bottom of the weak AL West. Yeah, makes sense.

People value things differently. Why do I have to have others values forced on me? Now I have the honor of picking that 70 potential guy in the 6th round that will be cut in a couple seasons. Woo Hoo! Good times.

Not sure I like this part of the league. Its not like a traded my #3 for a 55 potential prospect in rookie ball. And isnt making "bad" trades part of the learning curve? Neck, if you guys were in the major leagues, Lou Brock never would have been a Cardinal.
If you guys are telling Tom how bad of a trade this is, and he is defending his views, why take it away from him? Yes, I think I am getting a bit more value, but this makes sense for both clubs. I'm getting farm help, he's getting major league help. His farm is stacked, like he said. My farm is more of a deserted shack than a farm.

Yes, on paper it looks a little lopsided, but if you guys would think about it from both sides rather than just looking at one page, I think you will realize it makes sense.
Its not necissarily about sense here, with what tex is trading, he could have gotten way better quality than 2 bench players on most teams.. I just think you can find much better quality for that type of haul
Well, is that what a trade mod is for? To judge what players are worth? It was my understanding that trade mods are there to protect people from making trades that do not help either team, thus hurting the league. I think this trade helps both teams, which overall helps the league. I need farm help to get out of last place in baseball and Tom needs help to stay in first.
I agree with stang. Giving up those picks is fine, it's what he's getting in return for those picks that's the problem.
Well, no one else came to me with an offer. Where was everyone else? Since I made this trade several people have stepped up and made offers. Im not shy and will talk to anyone about anything. If someone else wanted this package they should have come to me and asked. No one did. So I have to wait around? Sure I didnt post it in the trade block. But that doesnt mean it wasnt available. All anyone had to do is ask.
I helped out a fellow owner by stocking his minor league system. He helped me out by giving me players that I felt could help me win. I dont think they are mediocre. They look like major league starters to me. And fill positions of need. So I didnt get what YOU GUYS feel is equivalent. But it is to me.
If the league wants to run the Rangers, thats cool with me. But if the league wants me to run the team, then let me make the decisions. Good or bad its my team and I should run it how I feel is the best way to win. Maybe Im wrong, and I got fleeced. Maybe not. These guys could come in and hit .350 and lead me to a title. Then, again, maybe they wont. Either way its a lesson that i have to learn.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »