• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATL - TOR
:ATL: acquires:
SP Matt Cain 94/94

:TOR: acquires:
SP Paul Clemens 86/86
1B Freddy Freeman 82/85
RP Roger Vaggars 62/72

Atlanta accepts. We need to win ASAP and cant afford to wait until deadline to make moves. Cain is a step in the right direction.
Well...we shave 15M off and get a youngster in Clemens that pitches to contact and has a high GB rate - a good fit for how we want to play. We add Freeman who should be able to take over at DH for us immediately and we feel has huge upside. Vaggars has some nice vitals....good gamble that he could become a contributor.

We have another move coming later that should show we're not selling by any stretch.
Cain has a higher GB rate does he not? I don't see anything to special in Clemens GB%.

But Freeman is good, you shave budget room, and Vaggars does have good vitals - good fastball/power matchup.

Approve.

My only issues are I don't completly understand your point on Clemens, and I bet you could of got more if you shopped around. But this deal doesn't hurt the league and we've vetoed too many.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
lol, no dig on Cain, just saying his replacement will fit in just fine.
yea I guess what I ment was, you refered to Clemens GB% as high, when it's AVG if not below AVG.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
approve, probably could have gotten a little more for cain and if cain was cheaper I would veto this deal but with cain's contract in mind I will approve
(07-21-2010, 01:44 AM)terrythek Wrote: approve, probably could have gotten a little more for cain and if cain was cheaper I would veto this deal but with cain's contract in mind I will approve

People said the same thing when I acquired him. Reality is....this file has a real lack of quality prospects. With so many having peaked so quickly we're down to sim generated players - it makes it difficult to move a guy for young talent right now.
approve
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »