• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talent Issues 2020 Edition
1)I think anyone left in the FA pool after FA should be killed to 79 if they are in the 80's. We usually have 10+ 80+ free agents there after FA.

2) I don't even have the best rotation in the NL let alone in the league. Florida's rotation blows me out of the water.

3) Chicago will volunteer

James Nevels (84)
Dashon Cooper - from 90 to 89 or 88
Joe Arnold - from 90 to 89
Effrain Gutierez from 90 to 89 or 88
Lino Sachiko (82/86) depending on how much of his contract I have to eat when released
Jay Jackson 84
prospects I will kill
Jaimie Dowds 69/85
Eric Tinney 63/84
Wayne McClean 79/86
Matthew Gray 77/80
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
I don't think killing off specific players is the answer. I think it should be a league wide random drop from the league settings. I also think the minor league talent should go down to Very Good from Excellent for the 2021 season and then down to Average for the 2022 season. The biggest issue I have with the talent levels is that veterans die off way too soon and that the "random drops" aren't really random and seem to happen to nearly every single player.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
(07-04-2011, 02:54 PM)dejota Wrote: I don't know how productive volunteering talent will be but if you don't want to kill of your players don't. I'm banking on GMs recognizing the issue and volunteering guys who fit the profile. The BAL/OAK/CIN of the world shouldn't have many guys that would qualify for this but teams like HOU or NYY who've been able to pretty much constantly acquire talent does have excess. That's part of the reason I think this works. I don't expect the volunteer process to net the majority of these players, obviously FA is the easiest place to find excess/unneeded talent, however allowing certain teams to do so is fine, I don't see anybody rushing to save me from myself on my 6 volunteers lol.

Peter - just killing off talent is random and could devastate a team, particularly teams who just start a rebuild stand to lose the most. The reason I really like this approach is we don't expose teams to talent drop that can't afford it.

fuck you I got like 5 guys that I believe are overrated and hurting the league!
Anyway I'm not sure what you propose about this, but I'm just pointing out the few guys on my team that don't seem to be worth their ratings.

SP Kyle Gibson(slightly better than Martin in Control and Endurance yet 3 points higher than him when Martin's Power and movement are much better, and his health)

C Kurt Barringer(contact is 8 points higher but everything else is comperable or lower than Remeteria, Barringer is rated better)

2B Kenard Jackson-Better is just health and power(6 points) than Harvey. Harvery has 88 or higher in 3 categories and 77 or higher in 3 others(which leaves a 60 and 70) Jackson is rated better than Harvey

CF TJ Steele and/or Brett Wallace- Wallace is better in probably 5 of 7 categories and the other two are pretty comperable. Both I think add to this ordeal since both are 80's Their power#'s don't reflect their actual ratings(78 power should translate to 20+HR, TJ hasn't hit that ever.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
If we intentionally drop these guys...whats to stop the game from just jumping someone else?

I don't have a problem making recommendations, but have we tested this to see if it will even achieve some good?
We'll drop the talent cap proportionately so it shouldn't. I haven't tested that part of it but lowering the cap def. results in randomly dropping a bunch of players very quickly.

The other issue is the understanding of the caps. It's not a percentage it is a per team number. The game is still surpassing that number with 90s (Should only have 117 at 3.9 setting, even after offseason drops we're at 135 consistently every season) but it is accurate with 80's players for some reason.

The only thing the volunteer/FA kill offs accomplish is being able to control it since otherwise it's completely random.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
So....we didn't drop the talent last year? I was under the assumption we did?

I guess I just don't understand intentionally vulturing players down if it's only going to result in the game recreating it again with some other player.
No we didn't lower talent levels last year. As long as we lower the caps with the manual drops it won't recreate them later.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Right, except the caps haven't been effective which is why we're in this boat in the first place. I'm game for giving this strategy a shot though.

Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of Jays that meet your criteria:

Koharu could be dropped into the upper 80s.
i dont have a problem with is but my only concern is the talent of my spects being hurt, i've worked hard to rebuild my team, i will be pissed if they are significantly effected..with that said, DET can volunteer the following:

Aaron Spencer OF 81
Dee Gordon SS 81
Jacob Turner SP 82
Noel Arguellas SP 82
Edgar Hernandez SP 80/82
This idea seems strange to me. I don't like the notion that we get to decide who gets effected and who doesn't. Just lower the talent levels and if people don't like it tell them to leave the league. If that isn't done the league is just going to die a slow death anyway. People are soon going to realise that its not fun when every team has all star lineup's or that rebuilding will take twice as long as it should. I re-itereate, if talent levels are not dropped significantly the league will die, I've seem it happen a million times. So just drop lem and let it be random and lower farm systems systemtiatically over the next 2-3 seasons and whoever doesn't like the idea should quit or suck it up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »