• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few suggestions
Im not sure if we have this and I just havent seen it. But I remember in a old league at the end of each year. Any players named to the all star game, who won awards at the end of the year, and gold gloves and what not were given a lil extra boost so to say at the end of the year. At the end of each year they would all get +10 longevity. Not a huge deal but just something to reward the owner of those players. I feel we should do the same. Maybe 500k for every player or what not.

Another thing is health. I feel so many players have health issues. A lot of them being prospects coming up and being drafted. At the end of each year. I feel we should have where you get say 20 health points. Which can be used on any 3 players on your team. Just a thought

Another thing is maybe every 3-5 years give teams a chance to win a new stadium free of charge. Pick a few teams with older stadiums or lower market teams. Have them send someone a pm of all the reasons they should get a new stadium, and have them build a new stadium. This was also in a past league and it was a great feature.

Have sponsors? Have it where teams can get sponsors and at the end of each year get a additional boost in money they have. Im sure this would be a awesome thing to have. Have it where you sign a contract with a sponsor. And you have to do something for that sponsor to stay with you. ex.) Sponsor A wants Team A to make the playoffs atleast 2 of the next 5 seasons. I think that can be something cool to add.

And last thing. Draftees. I wanted to do this in a league of mind that never got off the ground. But have 1st round draft picks have to sign to a contract. Have a special agent for them and have it where you need to sign them before the playoffs. If for some reason you cant get a contract with them they enter the next years draft. Just a thought.

Let me know what you guys think.. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
I don't think the league needs even more cash coming in

Also not a fan of raising health like that. If you don't like the player's health rating, don't draft, trade for, or sign him

Not a big fan of trying to add even more players to an agent system. From just 90+ overalls you try to extend to 90+ overalls in free agency. Now trying to add all arby-eligible players (not here, but elsewhere) & 1st round picks. Who won't be eligible for agent?

Free stadiums also seem like a pretty wild suggestion to me

Haha, sorry for sounding so negative in this response
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
I wouldn't mind the health points thing at the end of the season. I feel the same way about the health of most guys in the league as you do. Now boosting players longevity seems like a more delicate situation since there are a slue of old guys in the league that are doing big things (i.e Hafner, Ward, Rodriguez, Carpenter, Halladay) Signing draftees, I say HELL NAH to this one. Imagine what it would be like for a team like mine to have to sign a draft pick to a 60-80 million dollar deal every year. Now the free stadium thing I really don't have a problem with but I don't believe the admins will approve of it. I have the same feeling for the sponsor thing.
The longevity factor is an interesting one...but I'm pretty opposed to this league implementing anything else that gives out cash.

We damn near give out cash for having a pulse.
Yeah anything that brings more cash into the league r bad ideas. The sponsor thing would be cool if there already wasnt lots of cash in the league. On teh health issue like was said, if you don't like someones health don't sign them or trade for them.
(08-16-2010, 01:20 PM)AndyP Wrote: The longevity factor is an interesting one...but I'm pretty opposed to this league implementing anything else that gives out cash.

We damn near give out cash for having a pulse.

I have to agree, the longevity factor one is interesting and makes some sense.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
I'm missing something what is the "longevity factor" everyone keeps speaking of.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(08-19-2010, 12:36 PM)dejota Wrote: I'm missing something what is the "longevity factor" everyone keeps speaking of.

players will last longer once there peak ends. SO say a players peak ends at 35. And there longevity is 40. They will decrease in rating quicker. If there over 100. So say 225. They will stay at there rating for a longer period of time making them useful. This is considering there is no injury or anything.
I'm actually against the longevity. While I think Mogul doesn't let enough players play well into their mid to late 30s (especially once you get into leagues dominated by draftees) this would screw over smaller teams.

Let's say Pujols wins the MVP for 5 years in a row...unlikely but he'd end up w/ +50 longevity and end up bing a 90s or 80s player far too long, ultimately preventing your top spect from making that final jump.

I would support awarding key things w/ longevity. A pitcher who makes 96 starts over 3 years probably deserves a health or longevity rating bump but not necessarily an MVP or Cy Young. Or a reliever that tosses 100+IP for three years, etc.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(08-19-2010, 01:12 PM)dejota Wrote: I would support awarding key things w/ longevity. A pitcher who makes 96 starts over 3 years probably deserves a health or longevity rating bump but not necessarily an MVP or Cy Young. Or a reliever that tosses 100+IP for three years, etc.

This is more or less what I supported as well. Awards shouldn't determine it, but how then do we set the ground rules to determine who would get a bump?

I love the idea because I HATE that virtually no one 30 and younger in Mogul has realistic Hall of Fame careers due to most guys dying out by the age of 32, so anything to bring some element of actual real life career paths would be great.

The problem is that our guys are still peaking under 24-25 rather then slowly building, so we may completely mess with our talent again doing this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »