SP Stan Lomax (93) 25 YO earning 520k until 2021
1B Lamark Thomas (70/83) 20 YO earning min
RP Cory Bretton (77/86) 24 YO earning min
LF Martin Greenwalt (71/88) 20 YO earning min

CHW RECEIVES:
Rounds 1 -6 Draft Picks
LF Sid Iscaino (89/95) 21 YO earning min
Chorye Spoone (80) 34 YO earning 1.5 mill through the year

I know this kills me that I am trading Lomax, but for this value I think it is perfectly reasonable to do so. I am getting a full draft for a class I love and a corner outfielder that I was desperate to find. Spoone is no where near as good and I need to hope I can still squeak by with a win for the division. I am giving up a lot. A quality bullpen arm in Bretton whose gonna end up in the 80s, a decent spect in Thomas and Greenwalt who was only a second round pick last year. Most importantly Lomax, a young stud pitcher who has yet to hit arby, there are simply not that many around so I think the price should be reasonable.
First off I want this only if the Cleveland/ATL trade is officially vetoed

I accept. I think my team is coming together, and should be pretty good in coming years. I think Lomax is top 15 SP out there, and Marlins have Ace Pace, so I have my very own Ace. I have a young core of SP if this trade happens in Lomax/Pulgarin number 1, Lomax/Pulgarin number 2, Oscar Alma number 3 SP, Emilio Gutierrez as my 4th SP, has a great GB ratio too, should be good, and Jose Ultreras as my 5th SP. All these guys should be up next year, so looking like a young studly SP core I have assembled. I have some nice RP as well to put up guys to try to win, gonna have a lot of money coming off the books after 2021, so will be able to make splash in FA and to lock other guys up if I need too. I have good young hitters on the way up. Got a chance for some real good hitters that should be great for me in future, and like I said the specs I don't have I will have plenty of money coming off books after 2021 to sign guys to be competitive soon.

I give up a lot here, but I need to really do something here. Sid is good, but he can't hit against lefties to save his life, I plan on trading Foxworth OR moving him to LF, and then when Luis Gonzalez is up to play him, he has a shot to be a stud 1B. I trade all my 6 round picks, but same thing here, they could all turn to busts. Nobody that I am trading is a sure thing to be great, they all could just as easily bust, and Sid is only one that is almost peaked, but may only be a platoon type hitter since he can't hit lefties worth a shit. So even though I am giving up a shit ton here, and im sure a few will make it and be great, but I would hate it if I didn't do this deal and get a sure thing great SP which are hard to find in this league that is young, and then most of these specs bust and I never become a good team in this league.
Approved
approve
approve
done
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »