• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTML on the site
I would like to have html enabled on the forums for my power rankings. I talked with a support guy from MyBB, this is what he told me to do, I would need an admin to do this for me:
"If you want to turn it on for all forums run this query in phpMyAdmin:

Code:
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `allowhtml` = '1';

Then go to Admin Control Panel > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > forums > Rebuild Cache."
(06-09-2011, 07:28 PM)TheLowFatJelly Wrote: I would like to have html enabled on the forums for my power rankings. I talked with a support guy from MyBB, this is what he told me to do, I would need an admin to do this for me:
"If you want to turn it on for all forums run this query in phpMyAdmin:

Code:
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `allowhtml` = '1';

Then go to Admin Control Panel > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > forums > Rebuild Cache."

I would but I do not know anything about 'phpMyAdmin' It's either something on DJ's computer, or something that we need to contact DonnieBaseball or Brent to do.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
That PHP file will be stored on the domain and I'm not sure how I'd access it but I will certainly look into it. It'll hopefully be as simple as locating the file and running it with an fttp program and frontpage or dreamweaver and then just reuploading the php with the fixed coding. That being said, my computer crashes randomly and, as I'm sure the jargon indicates, I only kinda know what I'm talking about.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(06-09-2011, 11:56 PM)dejota Wrote: That PHP file will be stored on the domain and I'm not sure how I'd access it but I will certainly look into it. It'll hopefully be as simple as locating the file and running it with an fttp program and frontpage or dreamweaver and then just reuploading the php with the fixed coding. That being said, my computer crashes randomly and, as I'm sure the jargon indicates, I only kinda know what I'm talking about.

I realized that this can read php I guess, I mean what else are
PHP Code:
these tags for? 
I'm sure how to get that to work though.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/html-in-posts

this could also work
Here are step-by-step instructions how to install a new plugin for MyBB:

Step 1. Upload the plugin file (the file format will be something like: pluginname.php) to inc/plugins/ folder located under the root of your MyBB installation. Note that it is imperative not to change the file name.

Step 2. Log in to your Admin CP and click on "Plugin Manager" in the Settings category of the menu.

Step 3. Click "Activate"for the plugin you have uploaded.

Step 4. In case everything is in order, you will be redirected to the plugin manager and the button for the plugin will change to "Deactivate. You can use it to stop the plugin from working on your MyBB installation.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/html-in-posts

this could also work
(06-10-2011, 01:01 AM)TheLowFatJelly Wrote: http://mods.mybb.com/view/html-in-posts

this could also work
Here are step-by-step instructions how to install a new plugin for MyBB:

Step 1. Upload the plugin file (the file format will be something like: pluginname.php) to inc/plugins/ folder located under the root of your MyBB installation. Note that it is imperative not to change the file name.

Step 2. Log in to your Admin CP and click on "Plugin Manager" in the Settings category of the menu.

Step 3. Click "Activate"for the plugin you have uploaded.

Step 4. In case everything is in order, you will be redirected to the plugin manager and the button for the plugin will change to "Deactivate. You can use it to stop the plugin from working on your MyBB installation.

Again, I think DonnieBaseball has to do this, we cannot access 'inc/plugins/ folder we don't have access to any of that. DJ im guessing you downloaded phpMyAdmin?

No my computer isn't stable enough give me a link for that program and a description of what it does (and what other program(s) I may need to access/edit it) I will try to address it tonight.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »