• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative cash should equal negative results
(05-20-2011, 07:10 PM)Cdawg Wrote: I'm gonna agree w/ Rocky and Pete here as far as it stands HB is responsible for

Vicmar:22M P/Y
Vaio:15.8M P/Y
Torres:13M P/Y(not his contract, but he traded for him, still his problem)
D'Arnaud 10.8M P/Y

and Possibly
Blackmon:9.1M P/Y

I'll give him a pass on
Perrin, Conyers, Chisenhall, Hellickson

Which still means that 68M p/y of the contracts are his own fault. Perrins and Conyers are on that boat as well. I hate to bring it all on HB but it was piss poor money management on his part the last 2 years. Shit I had to cut severally when my budget wen from 120M to 85M in 2 years and when I found myself treading water, I had to do what was best, which was start over. If you allow him to cut ties w/ anyone I want severe compensation. It's not fair to anyone that he can run his budget up as high as 180M and not deal w/ the ramifications b/c we all assume that he was left like this via Scotty(correct?!)

This is to point out HB's current contract situation. TBH Chisenhall and Hellickson are the only 2 players that are truely NOT HB's fault. Perrin and Conyers are still major issues as I'm almost certain their arby numbers are going up and he's only got so many more years w/ them before he has to give them up to FA b/c of the agent.

(05-22-2011, 01:12 PM)dejota Wrote: Alright, if you go more then 10M in the red you cannot keep any non arby players and you can't offer anything above league minimum deals in FA. If you're not 10M in the red (after revenue sharing) you can appeal to the admins to avoid the mogul punishment, otherwise you reap what you sow.

I like the appeal system, but it should be on team by team basis, we can all say that Mike should get the benefit of the doubt on being able to move a player or getting back into the black over HB b/c HB has shown no concern over contracts.
Any allowance to let HB get a free release or be allowed to sign non arby guys should almost certainly be reciprocated back to the rest of the league. If not it shows that money and budget don't matter.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
(05-22-2011, 01:12 PM)dejota Wrote: Alright, if you go more then 10M in the red you cannot keep any non arby players and you can't offer anything above league minimum deals in FA. If you're not 10M in the red (after revenue sharing) you can appeal to the admins to avoid the mogul punishment, otherwise you reap what you sow.

Seeing that this rule change was made just now, i'd like to be grandfathered for a season or two based on the fact that I just took over a team that was in worse debt than it is right now and is going to be about 50M in debt after rev sharing.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »